1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Oh. I'm not going to be there for another hour or so. Midnight Central. I didn't think anyone would respond so fast. Can you play in an hour?

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Rolled another 300 on Wii bowling the other night.

I'm up to seven now.

Yay me!

3. Rusty Shackleford

Anymore word on the Kart tournament? I'm going to be out of town (and thus away from my Wii) beginning Monday for two weeks. I may have to forfeit my spot. That is, unless I can get in my second-round match this weekend.

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Alright, I said defaults by today but I'm not sure what to do with one matchup.

Hammer Pants vs. Batman - What's up fellas? Either play tonight or I'm going to randomly draw who moves on to play me in the second round.

Gomer vs. Stormsurge - Gomer wins 3-0

EmbassyRow vs. Rusty - Rusty wins 3-1

HoopsMcCann vs. Benchwarmer - I'm declaring Bench the winner by default, seeing as how he made an effort to play and we haven't heard from Hoops.

Rusty and Bench, you're in a semifinal. Best of five, versus mode, play by next Sunday, June 8.

Oh, and damn you for Bowser's Castle. You know who you are. I came within two corners of beating your time once.

Anybody beat all the mirror cups yet? I finally did it last night. Still missing a couple characters and a half-dozen bikes/karts.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hammer and I have not been able to get together to play, either by arrangement or through a random online meeting. I'm on vacation all next week and can play any time. Hammer, if you can play, PM me to set something up. Otherwise I guess we flip the coin.

No matter who it is, judging by the ghost times either one of us is cannon fodder anyway.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Re: Bowser's Castle - I found a shortcut (I think -- it seems faster). Otherwise, you've got it easily. Just drive straight down central and boost in the part where Bowser is spitting fireballs. Seems much faster than using the side ramps.

I'm still missing one kart and one character. Have no idea what the heck else I have to do to get either, and I've not bothered looking online to figure it out.

Benchwarmer -- when do you want to play? I have to by Sunday afternoon, because I'm going out of town for two weeks at that point.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Alright Batman, I'll give you another week. Unless Hammer responds by next Friday, I'll also declare you the winner.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty beats Benchwarmer 3-1, although that is a deceptively one-sided final score because all the races were close and we kept playing afterward, and it was even. We finished 7-5.

I'm out of the country until June 18, so we'll have to play the final when I get back, whoever I play.

9. He's being modest. He SMOKED me. I shouldn't have even been on the course with him.

On a side note, if anyone wants to play sometime, let me know.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm in, and Batman and I are playing tonight.

Sorry about not checking the thread. I sometimes forget to view Anything Goes for a few days.

11. Rusty Shackleford

What races were you watching? It was 7-5. That's hardly smoking. And a couple of the races i got lucky. Like that Peach Garden where I got the red shell right at the end to hit you and pass you. Or SNES Mario Circuit where I dropped the fake box on the boost pad and won when you hit it. I knew you'd be tough -- your ghost times are good.

Anyway, see you all in a couple of weeks.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I know the feeling.

Draft saved Draft deleted