1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm up for the Fail Cup any time this week. Embassy said 1 or 2 a.m. today. That's a little past my bedtime, but I can try if everyone else is down.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was very pleased to find out that they're still making NCAA Football 09 for the PS2. Nice option for those of us who just have no interest in dropping a bunch of scratch on a PS3 or XBox 360.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Yeah, that's too late for me. I liked the Friday, 11:30 PM EST schedule.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

At work every Friday, 11:30 p.m. EST.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Fat ER on Wii Fit update: I did a body test today, my first in a week. Although my BMI and weight have gone down...I swear I heard the light 'Step on' voice say, 'Oh!' as I stepped on the balance board.

'Oh!' as in, 'Oh my God, they sell Wiis to large zoo animals.'

It was quite deflating.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Well, that won't work. ;D

Let me know what works for you & I'll try & drag myself away from GTA IV for my whooping.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Then share with me too, so I can join in the misery. Just to make this even worse, should we play every race on Moonview Highway and Rainbow Road?

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, I am really pissed at Microsoft right now. I was just playing Oblivion and all of a sudden my XBox starts making a really loud noise. Sounds like it's scratching the fuck out of the disc. I turn it off, take out the disc, it looks fine. But now it won't read the disc -- or any disc. It either calls it unreadable or tries to read it and makes that terrible noise in the process. Anyone have that problem before, or hear of it?

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Unfortunately, disk read errors are pretty common in the 360.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Has anyone played Tiger Woods 07 or 08 for the Wii? I started playing the golf part of Wii Sports and am having a blast with it, and I think I'm ready to move up a notch. I'm wondering if the Wiimote works the same for Tiger as the Wii Sports golf, as far as the motion controls.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I've got '07, and love it. It's definitely a nice step up. Motion controls work well and there's more to screw up than in Wii Sports golf.

To be fair, I hadn't played any previous Tiger Woods games, so my standard was probably low for what to expect.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, I've got to mail the damn thing back to them again?

Draft saved Draft deleted