1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Did you get the Red Ring?

Does it happen with just the one game or every game?

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Probably. When you call, ask to speak to someone high up. Let me dig up a link for you.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

K...cool. This sucks so much. I had my wisdom teeth yanked and was hoping the Oblivion expansion and GTA were going to get me through it. Not so much, i guess...

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I know the feeling. Even though mine lasted over two years, it crapped three days before GTA IV. Thankfully, my tax refund allowed me to purchase a newer, more reliable version. I'm selling my refurb.

Anyway, here are the steps:

1. Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX
    2. Get a reference number for your problem as quickly as possible.
    3. Hang up and call the escalated support number, 866-506-3826.
    4. Talk to someone who knows what they're doing.

5. amraeder

OK, cool. What are their hours?

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Not sure, but I bet you can reach someone now.

7. amraeder

Cool, thanks! You also just reminded me that I have to call my dental insurance about a claim (woo unintended side benefit)!

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I hope both calls have happy resolutions!

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I'm nearing the end of the GTA storyline. I'd love to say I'm enamored with the last 1/4 of the story, but I can't say that I am.

Going beyond that would involve serious spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The first half of the story sucked me in as well. But, like you, I didn't care for the end of it.

I wish there'd been more decision-making in the game, like when you've got a choice to kill this guy or that guy and your decision affects the game. I always loved the choose your own adventure books.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Gamers are responsible for high energy prices: http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/technology/tech-power-electronics-study.html?em&ex=1213156800&en=5f7a661becc31f21&ei=5087%0A

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The damn MF'ing last mission is kickin my ass! The wife and I are taking a break for a couple of days to cool off and get our head before returning to Liberty City.
    Talk about a crazy learning curve, nothing was even one percent as bad as this damn mission.

Draft saved Draft deleted