1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Isn't your headline more than a little misleading?

PR: I don't know which final mission you have; in the interest of revealing as few spoilers as possible, does it involve a bike along the coast? If so, that did take me several tries. Usually I'd just be too gung-ho in the first part or do something stupid in the second part.

Unless you had the other mission, which I've read is quite difficult.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Is GTA IV as good as San Andreas? My friend told me I should by a PS3 just for that one game and I am not so sure.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

YES IT IS THAT GOOD! I bought the PS3 for that one game and it's worth every penny.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The greatest game on the market today...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/warcraft_sequel_lets_gamers_play

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Madden 08. Fantasy draft with roommate. Epicness.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The people in Liberty City are upset by the lack of police enforcement in the city. :D

I share this since it was shared with me.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/liberty_city_police_face

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's funny stuff. And I'm glad to see it's not just a Los Santos problem :D
    I've been playing San Andreas lately, and it pisses me off that those no-good Ballas can shoot up my car to no end, often right in front of the cops. But as soon as I shoot back or nick a cop car at a stop light, I'm on the most wanted list. Fuck da police.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I was just going to post that also.

Hilarious, hilarious story.

9. I got GRID for the 360 yesterday.

Really nice racing game ... provided you're not into tuning a la Forza Morotsport 2.

9 Sweets out of 10.

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Sorry in advance if no one cares about a throwback post, but I learned something fantastic today. The most up-to-date system I have is the OG Nintendo, the same one I've had since the '80s. Since then, I thought I had learned every trick imaginable to get a game to work.

I hadn't, however, heard about rubbing alcohol. My buddy comes over today, and we're trying to play Lifeforce (the Konami game that's like Contra but in spaceships instead of on foot). Can't get the game to work, and he asks if I have any alcohol. I'm thinking he wants a drink, but he's talking about rubbing alcohol. He dips a Q-tip in it, wipes it across the top and bottom of the inner part of the cartridge (the part that sticks into the Nintendo), inserts the game, and it works perfectly.

I was amazed. Has anyone else heard of the alcohol trick?

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Been using it since, oh, I don't know, 1988.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Is it regional? I grew up in the Midwest and never heard of it there. Don't know anyone else there who's heard of it either.

Draft saved Draft deleted