1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

No, we're on the other track (the one where you don't pick the money), we (meaning the wife and I) have to chase down a boat on a beach with a motorcycle, then jump the bike, grab on to a helicopter, then dodge RPGs being shot at us while still keeping up with the boat and shooting at it ourselves.

As for Creed, I'm early enough that it's not that repetitive, but I can see it getting old fast, especially the killing scenes. I'm a friend of a friend of the writer, and I think I'll get in his ear about the verbose dialog after stabbing someone in the neck.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, the cut scenes are a bit silly. You stab a guy in front of 10 heavily-armed guards and there's time to have a two-minute conversation about the goals of the Knights Templar before they try to attack you.

I guess it could be explained away as being a glitch in the computer software that's bringing the DNA memories back.

I'll be interested in seeing ACII, since it's supposed to be a trilogy.

3. Precious Roy

That's what I hear, but it's supposed to be on the down-low. I know that I need to have a long conversation with the writers about it.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, they aren't doing a good job keeping it quiet since that was the buzz around AC when it was released. Of course, as long as the plotline is hush-hush then that's all that matters.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

SPOILER ALERT, PLEASE!!!

Some of us have yet to play the game...

Thanks.

And thanks for the advice, Precious.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I have a 360 and my roommate has a PS3 and honestly I love them both. Thankfully my 360 hasn't shit the bed yet (knock on wood!). Got the 360 just for Halo 3 and a few other stuff and my roomie picked his PS3 up after we moved in together. Madden seems to play waaaay smoother on the 360 while the PS3 version freezes every chance it gets.

For HD, just order the HDMI cables on e-bay.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

My aunt just gave me a new HDMI cable she wasn't using, so I'm set there :D

Another PS3 question: I'm seeing this adaptor you can buy that will store your PS2 memory cards on the PS3 hard drive.

I thought you couldn't play PS2 games on the 40GB PS3s. Am I wrong (I hope)?

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Assassin's Creed had better be a trilogy. The ending left me wanting more after the repetitiveness of the game wore on me after a while.

9. Precious Roy

No backwards computability on the 40 gig as I recall, you have to either keep your PS2 (which I did) or pony up the extra 200 bones for the bigger model.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm back after two weeks away. Gomer, you want to finish the Mario Kart tourney? I need to get online and see if any of my ghost times have survived the past two weeks.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You've got DK Mountain and I've sent you a bunch in return.

Looks like the tourney won't end until July... I'm now on vacation for two weeks.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Just got my wireless internet hooked up. I am no addicted to MarioKart online for Wii and tiger Woods for PS3.

Draft saved Draft deleted