1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Can't wait for NCAA 09! I'm also eagerly excited for Madden 09. Wasn't a huge fan of the franchise from 04-06 due to my addiction to NFL2K5 but after playing 08 on the PS3 for the last few months religiously, I found myself liking the franchise again. I really felt 05-07 on the xbox/PS2 wasn't as true as the 2K version to football. But the next gen finally took the much needed step in Madden.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Indeed, those two games should keep me busy til Christmas at least. Wish I could afford a new game right now though, it'd be nice to get Metal Gear Solid 4.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't want to go through the whole thread, but for you PS3 owners, is it worth the extra money to buy an 80 GB PS3, or do the 40gigs suffice?

I'm thinking about picking up the Metal Gear Solid bundle, which is about $100 more than the 40GB package that doesn't come with the game. Sounds like it's worth the extra $50 to double the memory, but I'm just wondering if it's really necessary.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

With the majority of games coming out now that fill up more of your memory space, the 80 gig is more than worth the cost. MGS4: GOTP takes up more than 4 gigs if I remember correctly. And the 80 gig is backwards compatible for your PS2 games.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And that's the main reason I got the 80g.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, didn't realize that. That makes a big difference, too. Thanks for the info.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

No prob, I help when I can.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The wonderful wife finally cracked GTA4 today! I'm so happy that we now get to go the other way for the final missions.
    We're considering buying Battlefield: Bad Company, anyone play that yet?

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am headed out in a couple of hours to bowl in the finals of a Wii bowling tournament at a local bar. My first official public tournament. One girl against three guys. Wish me luck!

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Good luck! I wish places around here did that, maybe I'd get out of the house once in a while.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

So how'd you do?

In other news, only nine more days until NCAA 09 drops ... Can't wait.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Got third by only one freaking pin. Oh well, I made the guy who won second buy me a couple of drinks with his bar gift certificate that he won. No one wanted to be the loser winning first. They gave away a real bowling ball. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted