1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

EA releases a little info on FIFA 09 ...

http://kotaku.com/5021187/ea-sports-promises-platform+specific-fifa-09

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That's great you had a good time doing that. How big was the screen you played on?

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

It was a HUGE screen. At least six feet wide. And i'm telling you, it's way different bowling to a screen that big than it is bowling at home.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. I was hoping you'd say you got to play it on a huge screen. Wii games are sooooo much better on big screen bar settings. Except for the hecklers in the background lol

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I was in Hawaii for work back in February. Little Bird, who was home sick for two days, calls me to tell me he bowled a 299.

15 minutes later, he calls to tell me he bowled a 298.

Not 10 minutes later, he calls to tell me he finally bowled a 300.

My best on that is a 241. Of course, just like real bowling, I came back with a scintillating 157 right afterward.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

How do you bowl a 300? My best is in the 250s I think. I've never started with more than 6 strikes. It just seems like even when I feel like I should get all strikes, at some point it gives me a split just to be a dick.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My best is a 289. Bowled ten strikes in a row. Eleventh ball I knocked down nine pins. I seriously stood there and looked at that last pin in disbelief. Knocked down that pin with my twelfth ball. Looked at my score of 289 and turned the machine off in disgust.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Best I ever did was around 220, I think. Made it to the fifth or sixth frame before I left a spare.
    I found a good way to get a strike is to just aim at the gap between the 1 and 2 pins and roll straight. I put my feet together, hang my arm to the side and lock the elbow and wrist, and give one quick, short swing to limit the spin. It's not graceful, and rather useless for most spares, but it's pretty effective on that first ball.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

So the scenario above played itself again last night. And again tonight. Left the same stupid pin all three times.

And THEN....

Then, well I'll be damned, I hit that eleventh ball. Only one strike left and I have my first perfect game. The ball is rolling, and rolling, and DAMN! 9 pins. I score a 299. Go ahead and tell me what can suck worse than that.

Anyone want to buy a used Wii? Stupid, dumb video game.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

If that had been me, I'd currently be selling a used, slightly damaged Wii with footprints on it.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Been playing a lot of Oblivion lately. My girlfriend walked in the other night just as I was designing the subtle intricacies of my character's face. If looks could kill.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That absolutely sucks!

Draft saved Draft deleted