1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

By the way, in the final of the SportsJournalists.com Mario Kart challenge, Rusty absolutely smoked my ass. I bow down to your excellence, sir.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anybody know if/when a new Zelda game is coming out for Wii? I looked around a bit online and found nothing.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Nah, but I'm sure they're working on one.

I'm pumped about the new Guitar Hero with the drums and mic for the Wii. The instruments are wireless and unlike Rock Band, it'll have downloadable content on the Wii version. Oh, did I mention there's a song creator? Glad I waited.

4. Rusty Shackleford

When's that coming out? I'm sure my wife will be wanting that seeing as she's bought every other Guitar Hero they've made, and that's the only game she'll play.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Has anyone with a Silver membership downloaded NCAA Football '09 lately for the 360?
    I have to disconnect and move the 360 to get Internet access to it, and I'd rather not move it to find out I still have to have a Gold membership to download it.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Looks like Oct. 1.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I think you need to be Gold to get it right away. I think Silver members can download it after a week, so you should be good. Sorry I can't confirm for you.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

Can anyone tell me how NOT to hit the ball so hard in Wii Sports golf?
    My way too hard, slicing second shots are screwing my birdie chances.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Flick the wrist. I don't do anything even resembling a golf swing. And it doesn't take much. A light flick should be good.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'll try it.
    Thanks.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

Here's another Wii query.
    I just got MLB 2K8 and the directions say you have to use the nunchuk with the remote.
    How do you swing the bat when you have to hold 2 controllers?
    Do you swing the remote one handed with the other holding the nunchuk?
    The baseball on the Wii Sports, you only use the remote so that's what I'm used to.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

12. You use the little control thing on the nunchuk to direct your hit, and you aren't "swinging" the remote, so much as flicking your wrist down. It takes time to get used to.

Draft saved Draft deleted