1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Well, you learn something new every day. I didn't realize that was possible.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Don't you encounter problems with that, though? I was reading up on it, cuase I didn't want to spent another 60 bucks to get a second RB guitar.

And hoops, why get another console for Rock Band? They make it for the Wii now.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Got NCAA 09 for the PS2 ... I like how they folded some of the Madden gameplay functions into the college game (the practices, the pre-game scouting, summer workouts, etc.) Not sure if 08 had those since I elected not to buy it.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I finally bowled a 300 two weeks ago. I have since then bowled two more perfect games.

I'm ready to bowl in a public tournament again and NOT bring in an embarassing 3rd place.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I've been playing Half Life 2 for a week now, I know, I'm way behind.
    Also, I'm wanting to play Team Fortress 2 so bad, but I don't have a web connection at my house yet.
    When I get one, is anyone here interested in taking out some journalistic aggression over the web? I have the PS3 version, so I think you have to take that into account.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Played Punch Out!! on the Wii's virtual console last night and beat Mr. Dream (a.k.a., the white Tyson). Knocked that bastard down with four seconds left in the fight to give me enough points for the decision. It made me feel like a kid again. Not quite as charged up as the very first time I beat Tyson, but I did let out a little whoop. It felt pretty damn good.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Negative. My GH3 guitar works flawlessly with Rock Band.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

NCAA 09 is so damn good. I'm on season 3 now and I still haven't won the BCS title with Miami. I've lost one game each year. Once to FSU in the ACC Title game, then I beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I lost the first game of Year 2 to Oklahoma in Oklahoma then went undefeated the rest of the way, played and beat Pitt in the Orange Bowl. I'm now Ranked No. 1 after a 38-24 beating of Florida at The Swamp. I've got an A+ S.O.S. and am confident on at least making the title game this time. So far the two champs have been Wisconsin over Arizona State in year 1 and Oklahoma over Ohio State in year 2.

Individually I've won the Heisman, Thorpe (X2), WR, TE awards at the end of the year. The recruiting is so damn fun also! I'm officially addicted!

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

NCAA 09 is in fact pretty damn good.

Too bad I'm on the sidelines for a month after getting the Three Red Lights of Fail on my Xbox this morning.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I can't hold out anymore. Hitting up the local Target to snag NCAA09 for the PS3 tonight. The lack of a high-speed internet connection won't hinder my experience too much..ughh

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

NCAA is my second favorite game, Madden being my favorite.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Too bad Meat. Just think of it as your XBox being on the DL.

Draft saved Draft deleted