1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Has anybody else played the new Geometry Wars game out on XBox Live?

A lot of fun, but I can already foresee this leading to my first busted XBox controller and/or living room wall.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Geometry Wars? What's the goal of the game?

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The first one or the sequel that just came out? I've played the first one & I hate it. WAY too difficult for my blood. I have no interest in checking out the sequel.

Jake, here's a link to the sequel:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/geowarsre2xboxlivearcade/default.htm

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I just bought the sequel, which came out last week. I wasn't particularly good at the first one. The second one just makes me look like an ass. It's a definite upgrade over the original, though. Love the new game modes.

5. JakeandElwood

Hm, it looks interesting. I don't have a 360; I was just interested in something called "Geometry Wars."

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Still very much addicted to NCAA 09. Finally won the BCS title, 49-7 over Ga. Tech with Miami. I know it sounds weird but even in the game the BCS is screwy. Ga. Tech and Ohio State finished tied with the same BCS pct. rating and the comp gave TEch the nod, despite not being in the ACC Title game. I finished the recruiting year with the fourth best class and came in to the 2010 season with the No. 1 ranking, which I still hold going into a Week 8 matchup with No. 9 Ga. Tech. I'm also tied for the best recruiting class thru Week 7, having signed two 5-star recruits and two 3-star. The two 5-star recruits are the No. 1 DT and No. 1 WR in the country. Bad news is I need a center and the top 2 guys won't even put me on their radar. But the No. 6 guy is looking like a good possibility of becoming a new member of the Hurricanes.

God, I love this game!

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Guys, WiiFit has made me officially pissed at video games. Not really.
    The damn thing keeps making fun of me. Every time I step on the board, the thing makes a little groaning noise. Damn thing.
    However, I have a set weight drop of 22 pounds in 3 months, so I guess I have to stick with it.
    Wish me luck.

8. JakeandElwood

How does the Wiifit work?

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

If you're like me, you spend $90, play it twice & it sits underneath the TV for two months. :p

Good luck Roy!

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Jake, it's basically a fancy electronic scale with sensors in all four corners that, when used together, can also measure balance. The Wii Fit game takes that scale and uses it to do workouts and mini-games.

Storm, glad to hear I'm not the only one whose balance board is collecting dust. I just haven't got over my MarioKart addiction; when I do, I expect to get hooked on Fit, however.

Roy, bonne chance. Let us know how you're doing.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The wife is having a much better time, unlocking all different kinds of new exercises. Since I just got back from a trip for work, I was surprised to find that I had actually lost a pound, not back for a trip that I did nothing but pig out.
    Will keep you posted on the progress, I plan to stick to it.

12. JakeandElwood

What's an example of an exercise you do on it?

Draft saved Draft deleted