1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

You can run in place with the wiimote acting as a pedometer, do step aerobics, there are strength training with lunges, situps, pushups, and the like. There are yoga poses that are freaking painful if you don't stretch much.
    There are also balance games that are fun, like walking on a tightrope.
    The only bad thing is that it just measures your weight and then gives you a body mass index. It's great if you are fat, but if you are muscular it's going to say you are fat and make your Mii look accordingly. It doesn't differentiate, it can't.
    I'm tubby, so it's good for me. But if I were ripped, I'd be pretty pissed.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Try the advanced step aerobics -- crazy stuff.
    Or the ski jumping.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Ski jumping is really fun

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The step aerobics make me look like a fool. Granted, that's not that hard to do, but funny nonetheless.

And I still stink at Mario Kart.

Has anyone picked up Civilization Revolution for the 360? Fantastic game & it would be a blast to have an SJ battle.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What, no one bought Madden yet? I'm thinking of picking it up later this week.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sadly, I am far too busy for Madden right now. I'll get it probably next week or the week after. It's easily my favorite video game.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I wasn't going to pick it up, but I couldn't resist the siren song.

Even still, I'm not sure I'll be able to stop playing Civilization Revolution long enough to give Madden a try.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll be putting Madden off. I'm in the midst of a home remodel and my PS3 isn't even hooked up right now.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I haven't paid full price for a Madden game in years. Did get it a couple years ago when it was on sale, but never played it much. I like NCAA much better.

Heard there were a few problems with the online league in Madden this year. It doesn't save stats for the league and something else (I gotta go find the link to remember what else).

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If I buy Madden I'm officially homeless.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The stats don't save & a 32 team league requires you to play each team at least once. Idiots.

12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

That's a friggin' abomination!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted