1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

I bought it last night since I get out at midnight.
    There were a good number of people at the local Wally Mart.
    Anyways, I have the Wii and this is my first Madden game since the first PS2 one.
    I liked it, of course, I'm using the all-play feature since I'm learning the controls.
    Fun stuff.
    Now, I'm waiting on Tiger Woods in 2 weeks.
    I can't believe EA puts out 2 of its biggest games within a short span.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Probably not getting Madden (I've always gotten NCAA) but am mildly intrigued by this year's features. Is getting NFL Head Coach 09 worth the extra $30 for the collector's edition?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Don't know who on this thread remembers the SportsJournalists.com poster known as JDV, but I was surfing across YouTube today and came upon some absolute GOLD from him.

JDV believes the character Brucie in GTA IV is based on him.

He goes into great detail in his EIGHT-PART SERIES on the topic, complete with a GREASEBOARD BREAKDOWN.

Here's the opener.

Enjoy.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we could never forget, JVD

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet Jeebus, how anybody on the planet takes that doof seriously is beyond me.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Let's not jack this thread with old stories of that sperm bank reject.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So how is the Madden IQ feature working for y'all?

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

It's killing me. As a Dolphins fan, I don't have the greatest of offensive weapons as it is. Pair that with me kicking butt on the rushing & passing drills, which puts me at the All Madden level. That's balanced by my poor showing in the pass & rush defense drills. I've played a 10-7 game & a 14-10 game. One of those TDs is an interception return.

I like it though. It's a good challenge. Not too hard, not too easy.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

I am intrigued by the Madden IQ. I shall explore this if I ever decide to put down NCAA 09 :D

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm now connected to the interwebs at my house, so anyone with a PS3 and GTA4 want to meet up for a deathmatch sometime tomorrow, hit me up and we can arrange things. I tried to get a pick-up game going last night and nobody was there. To say the least I was shocked.

11. Bought Madden yesterday and started my franchise with the Colts today on All-Pro. It's been a long time since I've played a video game hardcore, but it's a lot of fun.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Reading some other forums, GTA action has really tailed off, especially online. There's still some decent action on Xbox Live occassionally, but there's also a lot of idiots that go on there just to mess up your game (ie: driving the wrong way in a race, etc).

A lot of people have already traded their game in, saying there wasn't a lot of replay ability in it and that they got bored with it. Apparently they all want parachutes and to fly airplanes all the time ::)

Me personally, I still have it and still on on XBL with it occassionally. Still haven't actually finished it tho.

Draft saved Draft deleted