1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Feb 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's weird.

Angry conservatives don't watch or listen to liberals for any length of time. They just watch and listen to more angry conservative (and inaccurate and tinfoil hat) content.

Angry liberals seem to bathe and marinate in watching and hyperventilating in angry conservative content they encounter. We're seeing that today.

maumann and Liut like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maddow is not an equal comparison. Limbaugh has a 30 year career as the pre-eminent political commentator for the masses of Americans. More people heard him on his best day as heard Maddow on 3 weeks of her best days.
    there are no left wing mass media pundits on the scale of Limbaugh or Hannity or any of half a dozen other mass media right wing commentators.
    You’d need to compare Limbaugh to the aggregate of The NY Times op-Ed page over the last 30 years as a fair comparison of left v rush.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

His entire brand was hate of others. I almost never listened to him but when I did, that’s all that he was about. He could be funny or engaging, but he made a segment of the population feel good by insulting people not like them.

I seriously doubt that very many people outside of his echo chamber listened to him.

Wenders likes this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is largely a conservative nation.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's a skill which is why Trump will always suck the chrome off Stephen Miller's trailer hitch.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

You are accurate as usual.
    Twitter has become like karaoke, where the only one having any fun is the one doing the singing.
    Facebook even be worse. I don't know about you, goodly Alma, but I'd rather get trolled by a guy with the handle BigHaĩryPu$$ÿ than a cousin I've not seen in 30 years.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I too am not sure that Maddow is the apt comparison, mostly because she's just snarky and mostly civil from what I can tell, not outright evil on her show. I'm open to be proven massively wrong on that, since I don't tend to watch the late-night shows. I've completely tuned them out since the inauguration.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

She's also much more honest and does her homework.

Wenders, qtlaw and lakefront like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, you met my cousin too?

Liut and Octave like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alma-
    That is also why Twitter is in the broke-ass club among social media platforms.

Trump was good for Jack Dorsey's model- that says quite enough about its worth to society.

Peloton had a $1B quarter. Jack Dorsey couldn't sniff that, even with an army of orcs, shut-ins, white supremacists, angry soccer moms and professional contrarians carrying the load.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

yes but she says teh bad that i do not like both sides

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.