1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rushin out at SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by leon_hollhandle, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Here's a link to Rushin's Wikipedia entry:
    This should change soon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Rushin

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm with some other people. The guy's writing really didn't do it for me. His style usually seems to be all over the map.

3. Hey, those are fine names, although I don't see any Fenians in the backgrounds of either Mom or Dad.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

One thing I'm hearing is that he walked away rather than be reassigned to SI.com. Don't have confirmation, though.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

It's one thing to criticize a writer, there's nothing wrong with that. My problem is that a lot of people here rip EVERY popular writer. When you just sit back and pick apart the most popular writers in your own profession, it looks more like jealousy.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have a problem with making fun of his kids, actually. No need for that.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Everybody on here could learn something about storytelling from American Idol. As for the talent... now that Jennifer Hudson's been nominated for an Oscar, it's just not the best analogy anymore...

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, then who's Simon Cowell? Mariotti, maybe?

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree. Thanks, Moddy.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That is a great line.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I think the popularity of "Friends" is more an indicator of falling standards.

12. Yeah, like a decade ago ... d_b

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted