1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun now linked to Miami PED clinic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Keep jumping on that pile, Uncle Fraud. Somebody might actually believe you contributed something if you keep faking it like that.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm continually amazed that certain players are automatically guilty while others have to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It's especially puzzling when the benefit of the doubt is extended to somebody who has already been caught.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Who would that be? Certainly not Braun.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Braun wasn't consulting about which PEDs to take. He just wanted to find out what days the incompetent guys would be doing the testing for MLB.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

--"I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.” -- Ryan Braun's statement, Tuesday

--"There will be no additional comment at this time."

That was the response Wednesday from a spokesman for Ryan Braun's representatives, Creative Artists Agency, after the Journal Sentinel filed a request for Braun's attorneys to provide evidence in support of his statement the previous evening regarding a report linking him to a Miami clinic alleged to have sold performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players.

6. outofplace

Lawyers being overly cautious and not giving up information until they have to? Unpossible!

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, apparently any inquiry into the matter would not include a Journal Sentinel inquiry.

If he and A-Rod were clean, they wouldn't hide behind spokespeople and lawyers. They stand in front of the press and take every question.

But, neither one of them can.

9. Armchair_QB

Somebody needs to ask him how he's coming on the search for the people who framed him last year.

10. outofplace

What does Braun have to gain by taking that route? He tried it before and what happened? Most people assumed he was guilty even after the suspension was overturned. He has no reason to fight the battle for public opinion because it's over already. He lost. If he has any brains at all, his focus will be on dealing with MLB's desire to find an excuse to suspend him.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's fine. But then don't say, "I have nothing to hide," and, "I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter," when what you really mean is, "there will be no additional comment at this time."

12. Armchair_QB

"there will be no additional comment at this time because I'm guilty as hell."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.