1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lol. I was laughing at the equivalency between troops on the battlefield and a Congressman and Capital Hill staffers.

The jobs are a little different.

2. YankeeFan

Not an argument I've made.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You missed where YF answered, "Who said it was?" to the assertion that such behavior is acceptable.

His idea is to show that people -- the media, specifically -- are using the wrong arguments to refute Trump's idea, and if they're going to use those arguments there are many others who need similar examination. Some of whom, YF is assuming, the media does not want to go after.

Sorry to speak for you, YF, and if I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You seem to be concerned about a precedent in the Middle Eastern world to banning people based on religion.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The media does not want to go after the UAE?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The only way to stop bad guys on the Internet is with good guys on the Internet.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

His assertion probably includes the government as well. I would think our government does not. Do you think it does?

Again, I'm speaking for others and should probably stop. I just saw you seemed to be misinterpreting his line of posts and wanted to set the record straight.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well now you're just putting words in YF's posts. Let him carpal tunnel himself.

BDC99 likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Has NYU been drummed out of the UAE by the withering media fire storm?

10. YankeeFan

I'm trying to work!!

Ace likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's funny what fear and paranoia can do to make even the greatest people lose their judgment sometimes. Fear and paranoia that is very similar to what is being expressed today by Republicans.

Draft saved Draft deleted