1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Driving through Texas today, I came across a Christian radio station where the hosts were 100-percent behind Trump. They were going on and on about Islam allows believers to lie to nonbelievers and also they can't swear allegiance to our Constitution. A caller asked if that's true, how will we know who is Muslim when they try to come to Merica. The hosts were flummoxed, then one said "you can spot them even if they try to act Christian."

Stoney likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump, ISIS's Candidate

If violence can be an abstraction — and it can; that’s what a threat is — the Trump campaign meets this definition. Thus, Trump is ISIS’s greatest triumph: the perfect Manchurian Candidate who, instead of offering specific and realistic policies, preys on the fears of the public, doing ISIS’s job for them. Even fellow Republican Jeb Bush acknowledged Trump’s goal is “to manipulate people’s angst and fears.”

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good God ... For the last six, eight months my Facebook feed's been covered up with the addlepated rantings of one Bernie Sanders, who tells us we could have it all but for those wiley job-stealing foreigners and those conniving "big bankers" (whose religious/ethnic heritage it's only hinted at, but I'm pretty sure I know who he's got in mind) ... but dipshit Donald is a Manchurian candidate doing ISIS' dirty work. Lord politics and political commentary are stupid lines of business. It's like Art Buchwald once said: I thought about going into politics but I found out I wasn't light enough to make the team.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When it's all one has left, it's all one has left.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Are you saying he's antisemitic?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Almost as many think Sanders is a crackpot as well, including me. Do you dispute that Trump is preying on fear and is more likely to incite even more Muslims to hate us with his bullshit?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

9. doctorquant

No.

Not only am I disputing that, I'm saying it's absolute fucking nonsense.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. doctorquant

Yes.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Self-hating Jew?

BDC99 likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

OK. You keep believing that, then. How you can dispute either of those things I just can't fathom.

Draft saved Draft deleted