1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How is it demeaning the victims to speculate that part of the motive for the massacre might stem from a sadly common form of murder in this country? Or that some resentment of co-workers might have been the tipping point for the criminal?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ideology over compassion

old_tony likes this.
  3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

So is being an asshole Internet message-board poster ranting about this. Hasn't stopped you, MBP.

How's the hashtag campaign going?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Terrorist shit? Such as?

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sorry to be working YF and OT's corners, but I must say, I find some of the shameless party-line takes from liberal world to be just as annoying as those from the right wingnuts. "Motive doesn't matter" strikes me as a profoundly dumb statement. Especially when it's coming from the same guy who seemed to think it the only thing that matters when the shooter is a white guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    old_tony likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Clearly, we need to ban anyone from making $70,000 or more.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wow. That takes balls.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

One of the first things reported, and I haven't seen it disputed, was that the guy left the party after a dispute with a co-worker, then came back and shot everyone up. It seems almost certainly a hybrid terrorism/workplace violence act. It's not demeaning to say so.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Could be. Or another attack had been planned and instead the dude went off at the party he knew would be happening. Otherwise, why weren't there bombs in the SUV? If there's one thing everyone in Southern California should know, as it's on TV every day, the police are really good at identifying, tracking and stopping suspect vehicles.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought there were bombs in the car, and the shooters threw them during the chase but they didn't work.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted