1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How would laws against abortion stop women from having one if they really wanted it?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, they're not doing that. It's their right under the Constitution.

They are just going to restrict access to the point that a state the size of Texas has maybe three clinics left, and watch back alley abortion deaths grow. They are already down to eighteen. Eighteen. You know how big Texas is? It is further from Houston to El Paso than it is from Atlanta to Houston.

*edit* Shit. Derail. Sorry.

3. Baron Scicluna

Maybe we ought to reduce the number of places that can legally sell a gun to maybe three per state, or only allow one within a certain square mile area. And while we're at it, require two visits to purchase a gun, a 72-hour waiting period for the buyer to think about it, make them watch videos of bloody gunshot victims and undergo an exam by a proctologist to make sure they're healthy enough to own a gun. Sound good?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And your answer was to make it completely shitty for everyone. Good thinking, Einstein!

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

FTFY.

6. Baron Scicluna

Why don't you ask those who are no longer denied coverage for their pre-existing conditions how they feel about it? As well as those parents who can still have their adult kids on their insurance? And those who have insurance who didn't have it before?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yes and no. I live in Alabama, and I hear that phrase virtually every time some sort of quality of life statistic comes out. Education. Illiteracy. Teenage birth. Etc.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'll ask those six, you ask the millions who've seen their premiums skyrocket or lost their plan or lost their doctor.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. Just a callback to one of my pet crusades a few weeks ago railing against the state of South Carolina and the cretins who live there.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's been interesting to watch firearms companies evolve the civilian versions of the AR. In the past few years, there has been a big push to get them accepted as hunting pieces. Instead of just .223 or 7.62 calibers, they rolled out models in .270 and .308. Instead of black, you could get them in Realtree or Mossy Oak. (Interestingly, some of the models aimed at hunters only hold 5 rounds in their factory-provided magazines.) And, most importantly, they got "modern sporting rifle" to become an accepted descriptor for them.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Six. That's laughable.

Besides, there was nothing to prevent insurance companies from skyrocketing premiums before, nor the companies taking away their plan, nor insurance companies telling you to get a new doctor because your doc left their network, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted