1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are cops on every block of Broadway on party nights. Imagine a bigger Bourbon Street but without the flashing and urine smell.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Never been on Broadway in Nashville, but if it's anything like Bourbon, the cops aren't afraid to haul your ass off if you're just wearing a school that's getting rowdy. I had to identify a number of safe places just off Bourbon lest I get innocently swept up.

One time they cleared Bourbon because of North Texas after a New Orleans Bowl, which chuffed me.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No, Broadway isn't that bad. It's more of a pain in the rear than rowdy. It's so congested with bridal parties and those street drinking barges that there is no room to get too rowdy.
    It used to be a great place 25 years ago. Now, see it once and avoid anything between 6th and 2nd avenues like the plague.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which isn’t so easy if headed to a Preds game.

5. Driftwood

OK. 5th Avenue!

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Best bar experience I had was on Music Row at 10 am on a Saturday. No obnoxious bachelorette parties.

7. Driftwood

Well, that's because you were a dozen blocks away from them. The last beer I bought on Broadway was two years ago, and it cost me $20 for two Miller Lites.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And it was 10 am.

9. Driftwood

Honestly on Broadway these days, 10 a.m. on a Tuesday is no different than 10 p.m. on a Saturday.

10. Driftwood

The hand wringing has already begun over what kind of sentence Wallen gets. It could carry 6 years in prison. He won't get that. Because the chair didn't actually hit anyone, I don't think anyone - celeb or not - would likely get the whole time. I think he does have to spend a few days in jail. If not, doesn't that give every tourist in Nashville the green light to do the same thing and say, "I'll just take what Morgan got"?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I realize there will be a lot of hand wringing, but someone non-famous with his criminal background - a misdemeanor arrest about four years ago before a felony arrest - probably wouldn't be looking at a jail sentence for this either, at least in my experience as a cops and courts reporter for a decade, albeit in a different state. For most people, the advice from the attorney would be to preemptively enroll in anger management classes or some sort of charity work, go to rehab, get an AA sponsor, and so on. Lay the groundwork like that, and you typically don't get a prison sentence, or if you do, it's going to be a small one.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Last spring, I was in Nashville for work. I went down to Broadway around 10 am on a Sunday and all the bars had live bands playing and it was even tough to find a table in some of them. That was a new one on me.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted