1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I like my Pistol Annies a lot better without Blake doing bullshit country rap.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

“If you’re wondering why it seems like people are pulling back and not giving you the full deal, there’s no Johnny Cashes, or Waylon Jennings, or Loretta Lynns, there’s a good reason for that… none of those people would have been allowed to exist today."

I'm an uncultured metalhead but even I know aaaahahahahaha this fuckin' guy...

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its pretty simple economics, similar to the NFL and quarterbacks, cheaper to put out new artists on "rookie deals" - after they're established, if they are REALLY worth a second record deal - you sign them - if they have middling sales and radio play - you go sign another Justin Kyle or Dylan Ray somesuch.

PS - Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn were both hella WOKE. Geez, how many country artists have done shows in prison since Cash did it? Loretta Lynn had a top 10 hit with Dear Uncle Sam, an anti-Vietnam war song.

Hell, country radio wouldn't even play that today. Or maybe Rich is just ticked at Darius Rucker's success.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's two years old, and one particular website keeps recycling it as content.

Also ... this fuckin' guy.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OFFS. John Rich is such a damn tool. And Whiskey Riff sucks too.

https://savingcountrymusic.com/whiskey-riffs-political-coverage-is-deceptive-and-concerning/

6. Inky_Wretch

I'm old enough to remember when you had to pay your dues for a few years before getting on the Opry stage, not the day before your first country album is released. That said, I'll take Posty over bro-country any day.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Publicity.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

OK - I guess Jelly Roll is "woke."

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertai...ls-fans-i-remember-being-in-a-dark-place.html

Draft saved Draft deleted