1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Of course. It's a very vital investigation. The FBI is nearing revolt.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you read the article, you'll see they're flooded with tips:

The answer is in part a reflection of American vigilance in the era of “see something, say something.” Tens of thousands of counterterrorism tips flow to the F.B.I. each year. Some are legitimate. Others come from vengeful ex-spouses or people casting suspicion on Arab-Americans.

Thousands of investigations are opened and closed. Right now, law enforcement officials say, the F.B.I. is investigating 1,000 potential “homegrown violent extremists,” the majority of whom are most likely tied to or inspired by the Islamic State. Fifty to 100 are considered the highest priority.

The flood of leads is so relentless that, years ago, counterterrorism agents hung an 18-inch section of fire hose outside their office suite in Northern Virginia as a symbol of their mission.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Them double-naught spy types in high office at State speak in code, you know. You gotta have codeword clearance at the NSA to find out what is really meant by her ordering a "Flaming Burrito" ...

dixiehack likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they're wasting so much time investigating something the current administration doesn't believe is a threat, if it even exists at all.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So how many times have you called the tip line, YF?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I was more interested in the general ignorance of the statement than the politics behind it.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

What is the quote. I can't get by the Forbes ad block police. Hill has had a rich history of blogging and tweeting. She once blogged about oral sex on the Sentenial web site.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And we're supposed to believe that flying three planes into buildings was a million to one shot.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

As well as an alligator ban.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted