1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Weren't there police officers, with guns, in Pulse?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

NFL fan. You'd like this guy. He's a truly assimilated Muslim who embraces our way of life.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I was poking fun at a Tony argument from a year or so ago where he said the war was fought over tariffs.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Ha. Not what I said or inferred but whatever floats your boat I guess.

You should have a Shawarma sometime, much tastier than bologna and Wonder bread.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You should tell the owners of your local Mediterranean or Middle Eastern eatery you don't care for their religion or Allah, but they can whip up a mighty tasty falafel.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, that's important.

8. Iron_chet

Integration and acceptance starts when cultures start to get know each other.

Falafel might too adventurous of a starting point. Feel free to call it a pocket sandwich if Pita is too intimidating.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Iron_chet

Telling them their food is a great way of declaring Jihad on your hunger is a savvy move as well.

Batman likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If only the Founding Fathers had thought of the wonderful idea to have only trained government employees carry guns. I bet they never entertained the idea.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, Muslim food sounds delicious, if also a little exotic.

(Ignores the fact that the food of Chinese Muslims is very different than that of Indonesian Muslims, which is different than Afghan food, which is different than Persian food, etc.

The food of these regions is one of the few parts of their pre-Islamic culture to survive the arrival of Islam.)

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ignoring the reality of cultures seems to work for liberals. No need to learn. Just give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted