1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You used 'stop' in your post. You were discussing denying people's right to be a gun. Stop changing the argument.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Looks like the GUVVMINT is covering up.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

ISIS is pumped, I'm sure.

You want to go to war with ISIS, rest assured, ISIS will be down for it. You can affix that ISIS label to as many disaffected, Internet-addicted dudes as you like, as far as ISIS is comcered. Works for them.

7. YankeeFan

I can affix...

He declared himself an Islamic Soldier, and pledged his allegiance to ISIS.

It's not me affixing a label to him.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We shouldn't take at face value the declarations of anyone regarding who they are and whom they identify with. If he'd declared he identified as a woman, however ...

old_tony, Iron_chet and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  9. YankeeFan

FBI Special Agent in Charge has drank the Kool Aid:

"[Mateen] does not represent the religion of Islam, but a perverted view," Hopper said, later adding: "Part of the redacting is meant to not give credence to individuals who have done terrorist attacks in the past. We're not gonna propagate their violent rhetoric."

'I did the shootings': DOJ releases some redacted transcripts of Orlando killer's phone calls during massacre | Fox News

Of course, it's not a "perverted view" of Islam. It may be a strict interpretation, but it's not "perverted". It's directly out of the Koran.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Founded on perversion.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

Ana Marie Cox -- and the liberals of SJ.com -- won't be happy, but the Times' Rukmini Callimachi twitter feed right now breaks down how Mateen followed all the protocols to properly affiliate himself with ISIS.

He's not just some "nut" who didn't know the difference between ISIS and other groups.

He properly made a pledge of allegiance, known as bay'ah, to ISIS leader Baghdadi.

His motives are clear.

Rukmini Callimachi (@rcallimachi) | Twitter

Draft saved Draft deleted