1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

She's in a DIAPER, dammit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jan 6, 2024.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the word is "shame." More and more people are completely lacking in shame, and don't care if they look like cretins to other people.

In fact, they wear it like a badge of honor, and I have no idea why.

Hell of a way to go through life.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Go directly to Jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

People should treat airports and airplanes like the end zone. Act like you’ve been there before.

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Go into the airport with an attitude of bemusement and whimsy and no matter what happens, you get a front-row seat into viewing people at their basest. I love it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    Batman and Flip Wilson like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I haven’t flown since 2012 and I’m probably going to have to get on a plane to North Carolina in a few weeks. Problem is I now weigh 280 lbs., and not a chiseled 280 at that. I’m genuinely contemplating driving 9-plus hours instead of being squeezed into an airline seat.

playthrough likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago at an airport not far from you (I think), my wife and I got there sorta-way-too-early and were lounging around a gate down the way from ours. About an hour before we were to board, I noticed a commotion down the way and then saw lots of folks with their smartphones held high. Hmmmm, thought I, I believe I'll just stay right where I am.

Turns out some lady had been having a very loud phone conversation and someone asked her to tone it down. Tilt. Absolute meltdown at a bajillion decibels.

Her time in the airport ended with her being strapped down to one of those wheelchairs and hauled off by security. "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" we heard as she was rolled down the concourse.

Like you, I can't fathom how people behave that way. Had someone asked me to tone down a phone conversation, I would have been mortified ... and I would have complied licketty split.

jr/shotglass and dixiehack like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, you’re mostly normal, so …

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I mean, doesn't that make sense? In what world could they possibly think that throwing a tantrum would end well for them?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don’t even make eye contact in airports. Especially since I know there’s probably someone getting pissy at me for having the gall to travel with children.

When I traveled for work (and drank), I loved airports. I’d get there early and get shitfaced at the bar closest to my gate, and then sleep the entire flight. It was awesome.

Dog8Cats and justgladtobehere like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, but I fully endorse the message.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I refer you to Nov. 8. 2016.

wicked, BurnsWhenIPee and garrow like this.
  12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure this is how my Dad did it, via the Delta "Crown Room" (I can't call it Sky Club) in Atlanta. He'd come home from trips all the time with cocktail napkins signed by wrestlers and other athletes he ran into there, and I imagine it was easier to chat them up with a drink.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted