1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

She's in a DIAPER, dammit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jan 6, 2024.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Grabbing a couple brews pre-security (so you're feeling good about life and can deal with the annoyances, not sloppy), plopping down at the gate and then snoozing through your flight is heavenly.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm on the neurotic side to begin with and live my life with a simple credo: Don't be the one they go home talking about and don't be the one holding people up. I don't ever want to be the person someone is saying "you're never gonna' believe the guy I just saw at the store/golf course/in traffic."

It's why I play golf quickly. It's why I try to have my shoes off and everything out when I get to the metal detectors and it's why I try to not get pissy with customer service unless shit is really going sideways, and even then I'm just going from a 1 out of 10 to about a 3 and I'll apologize for how I've acted. I worked in retail at department stores and also spent four years at the biggest public library in Pittsburgh as a front desk clerk so I know acting like this doesn't sway one damn person over to your side. It has the opposite effect.

I also don't get how people can just make a spectacle out of themselves in public.

fossywriter8, wicked and jr/shotglass like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If I ever got a call from my supervisor that someone had contacted them to complain about my attitude on a phone call, I would be, quite frankly, mortified. I don't need that at this point. So I ensure that I never get that call.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

One thing i hope my kids take away from my parenting is don’t be a Karen. They are fully aware of what a Karen is and so far, they don’t have that sense of entitlement.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a YouTune video I saw a few days ago:

Ponderous, man. Ponderous.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

IMG_7076.jpeg

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This starts off as a normal "passenger goes nuts on a plane, has to be restrained" tale but then takes quite the turn.

California Man Assaulted Frontier Flight Attendants, Prosecutors Say

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Outside of terrorists, serial killers and chronic rapists (cc: Bill Cosby), it's pretty hard to fuck up your life legacy in four grafs more completely than that guy did.

But I'm pretty sure everyone who reads those four grafs wants a shit-ton of expanded coverage on Graf No. 2: "His family later got a call from the Anaheim Police Department, saying that Mr. Salva had been found at 'a liquor store covered in sewage,' the affidavit said."

Any further explanation of that? I'm not much of a NYT fan now, so I get the paywall. Fair trade all the way, I say.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2024 at 12:26 AM
  9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Sadly nothing more on the sewage but he did go into more detail about being a possible pedophile.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What was the timeline? Was he covered in sewage in the liquor store before the flight or after it?

Draft saved Draft deleted