1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocking Michael J. Fox Ad in MO Senate Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Doesn't matter. The point still is valid.

As is the fact that this board is totally inhospitable to anything but left-leaning thoughts.

2. I am a brave victim.
    Love me, love me.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pope's right-leaning, he's pretty well-loved, course he's not an overbearing, hostile jerk either, but I'm sure you don't think your personality has anything to do with why people dislike you. You'd rather just blame it on our political leanings rather than your asshatness.

4. Righties well loved = one.
    Lefties well loved = infinity.

Groucho said it best: I wouldn't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Other posters whose politics I don't always (or even often) agree with who I get along with and respect:

Inky, shotty, Ragu off the top of my head.

Perhaps you could try not dividing the world into "righties" and "lefties" for starters.

6. sportschick

Zeke and I could keep going, Lyman.

Really the only righties who are disliked are the hostile ones -- such as you, Trounced and Yawn -- but don't let the facts get in your way.

7. What lefties don't you like, SC? Just curious.

8. sportschick

Columbo/Pube for starters.

EDIT: And Headbutt and I have issues.

9. Well, that's good to hear. Some of the righties are a bit incoherent here, too.

But I make no apologies for my approach. I return vitriol, not instigate it.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's it, right there.

There are more people every day who are disgusted with BOTH "sides."

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Back again. Just watched the Fox interview on CBS Evening News. I hope, I hope, I hope everyone who's chipped in on this thread watched.

Affirmed, in my mind at least, my opinion of Limbaugh as (with apologies to Olbermann) "The Worst Human Being on the Planet."

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Badge ... of ... honor.

Draft saved Draft deleted