1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocking Michael J. Fox Ad in MO Senate Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Since gays and Muslims seem to be his favorite targets, it might be nice to see him go through life as both of those things.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yes, if only everyone were bright enough to spend their days bouncing from message board to message board with the sole purpose of pissing off everyone.

I'm betting if I tried a little harder and followed scribe's lead, I could also convince a group of people on an anonymous message board that I'm a complete and utter ass. Although, it would probably take quite an effort on my part to be proud of that.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Very well stated, Doc. I look forward to the day I could buy you a drink. And, like you, I'd buy most of the folks here a drink, too.

4. old_tony

Would someone please do America a favor and rip out Savage's voice box?

5. old_tony

Along those lines:
    http://www.stemcellresearch.org/facts/treatments.htm

6. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Don't worry sweetie, you've already proved to everyone that you are King among jackasses. Now go back into your kennel like a good little doggie and let the grown-ups talk.

7. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

That's what a lot of people in the medical field (including my spouse who is in the medical field) have been saying. There seems to be little benefit in emryonic stem cells. In fact, and I'll have to do some digging around to see if I can find it, I seem to recall hearing about a case over in Asia where emryonic stem cells were implanted into a human and it triggered a cancerous growth in the patient that contained human bone and hair.
    Not claiming to be an expert, but it does sound like adult stem cells are the way to go, which makes the embryonic debate seem a little silly.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

First off, this might be the dumbest shit old tony has ever posted, which is saying quite a bit.

Second, the fact that your spouse cares for a mentally challenged person does not mean she's "in the medical field."

Fourth, you've got no idea what you're talking about. I've posted two links, one which provides over 100 stories from the New York Times on the ESC debate and ESC research. Maybe you could try sifting through a couple. Now, I know they're all written using proper grammar and punctuation, which will likely throw you off a bit, so if you need help, just ask.

9. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

I thought Third came after Second, not Fourth. Perhaps you will learn to count once you reach the second grade.

I'm sure my "wife" will be amused to learn that a bachelor's degree and 24 years of work in the medical field equals knowing less about diseases than some pimply-ass sportswriting hack in Outback, Wisconsin.

My friend, you can take cheap shots at me all you want. My "wife" will clean your clock if you wish to pursue that particular line of stupidity.

10. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

BTW, The NEW YORK TIMES??????? Please. We all know the NY Times' track record on unbiased, accurate reporting. Jason Blair ring any bells for you? The ombudsman's recent column stating the Times fucked up when they ran the story on the government tracking the terrorists financial transactions do anything for you?

I doubt anyone at the NY Times could find their ass with both hands much less write anything useful about embryonic stem cell research.

Tell you what Doggie, try looking at the NY Times back in the mid-70s back when they were running hundreds of stories on "Global Cooling". If memory serves, the Times called for immediate action to prevent a global catastrophe.

Included in the Times "informed" reporting, was a call to dump soot on the poles to force the polar caps to melt.

30 years later these same "informed" reporters are bemoaning the fact the polar caps are melting. I wonder how shitty things would be if we had bought into the Times "informed" reporting on the issue of "global cooling"?

Want to impress me? Want to actually show you can debate an issue?

Try using some fucking facts and keep the idiotic talking point bullshit tucked up your ass.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's odd how often you seem to reach into the GOP bag of talking points when making these dipshit arguments, what with you being a straight-down-the-middle, hate-both-sides kind of guy. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

But yeah, the NYT, what was I thinking? I mean, if there's one thing that everybody knows, it's that the NYT Science section is filled with left-leaning reporters who are only killing time in between Democratic fundraisers.

Let's get one thing straight. On this particular subject, I've done quite a bit of research. I find it fascinating. I've read books, watched hours worth of interviews and gone through reports in hundreds of different publications. If your wife would like to come on here and have a reasoned debate, sign her up. You obviously know absolutely nothing about any of it, so the change would be refreshing.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Glad I exited this thread pages ago ...

Draft saved Draft deleted