1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocking Michael J. Fox Ad in MO Senate Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 24, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

January, 2003, Clooney getting an award from the National Board of Reviews, said, "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."

When asked about the remark, he gave the NRA defense, that Heston is fair game since he's in the political arena.

My only comment is that Michael J. Fox should also be fair game, at least to be questioned about his motivations.

2. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Wikipedia, now there's a solid, reliable soure of unbiased and accurate information.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Uhh, Scribe, Fenian is commenting on Jack's sourcing, there.

Whoever reads the posts to you is leaving out parts.

4. JackS

JackS Member

I want to know what in the Wiki article you are interpreting as a "religious basis for believing in a flat earth."

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Motivations like being sick and wanting to be cured? That DEVIL!

6. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Gee Fenian, you've never heard of this anecdote before? And I thought you were so enthralled with Wikipedia. Here's an excerpt of the Wikipedia listing on Clloney:

"Along with his public criticisms of Jack Abramoff and other Republicans, Clooney once remarked, "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's." When asked if he went too far with his comment, he said, "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him." (quote, response from Heston)."

Here's the link too. I know you have to have that link, because otherwise, I probably just made up that paragraph, mean conservative troll that I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clooney

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Does George Clooney have Parkinson's?

I'm confused.

8. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

And I am merely commenting on Wikipedia in general, not who originally brought it into the discussion. Maybe your reader is leaving out parts of what I am posting when they read it to you Zeke.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wait, weren't you just mocking Wikipedia, like, three posts ago?

Now you're using it to try and prove a point?

Buddy, you need some help here.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Explain to all of us, Scribe, how you can say this, turn a blind eye toward fertility clinics, where the disposal of embryos happens far, far more commonly, and convince yourself you're not as big a hypocrite as the current occupant of the White House.

And while you're straining to perform that logistical limbo, please give us a credible source on the bolded sentence above.

We're waiting.....

11. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

No kidding. The point is, why is it unfair to criticize Fox over Parkinson's but perfect okay to ridicule Heston because he has a devastating disease?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If he comes back with a Wikipedia page, I might shit myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted