1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just FYI, you’d be surprised how “not tough” is the enforcement of Australia’s firearm laws.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Precision is a good thing.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Pedantry isn't.

4. SpeedTchr

You should get an NFL tryout with those backpedaling skills.

5. SpeedTchr

I guess esteemed writers aren't hung up on precision. Duly noted.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I could get behind some tough, common-sense pedantry laws ...

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Stoney didn't move the goalposts. He continued the conversation. typefitter wasn't specific enough and you got your gotcha moment. Congrats. Stoney's point still stands, as does typefitter's, and yours still fails.

Also, Stoney didn't backpedal. To stretch the metaphor a bit, he didn't set up the goalposts. typefitter did. Stoney simply responded to the point you seemed to be making in response. You're applying one poster's goalposts to another, apparently to avoid dealing with the valid question Stoney asked you.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sick burn.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Dude, it's a message board post, not the final draft of a story. This is a bullshit cheap shot, and it makes you look like an esteemed asshole.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. SpeedTchr

That's fine. I don't know any of you, you don't know me. Someone throws out an obvious untruth, I might call him/her on it. People don't like to be corrected.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This guy is no more or less mentally ill than the NYC terrorist of last week, or the Memphis Church Killings, or the Vegas killings or the Charleston Church Killings,or Orlando or Aurora or 9/11.

Our homegrown terrorists, white male and christians (even though Fox said the Texas Terrorist is an atheist) are piling up the body count in an impressive manner. Apparently MS-13 and ISIS are actively recruiting Southern White men. Sheik Omar Boom Batz said,
    'Allah be praised, those muth-fuckers are crazy. Sign them up.'

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Then just call him/her on it and leave the personal shots out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted