1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM All-purpose dating thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 24, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just went with the first three things that came to mind. I don't have the time to list all of the things my poor beloved bride has to put up with.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Alas, when it comes to putting our wives thru the wringer, I fear we have more in common than we'd like to admit, dude. :D

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think we're seeing a new sj love connection right here on this thread.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Probably so. But at least I don't have a rat tail. :)

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

FUCK YOU ALL I'M OUTTA HERE. Enjoy the sight of my rat tail disappearing from sight cause you won't have me to kick around anymore. (yeah right)

[​IMG]

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I don't think either of one of the couples I was counting is still on the board, so that's down to 8 if that makes you feel better and I was talking about (presumably) current relationships.

And for the record, I was only counting me and Doc once. :)

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I come up with six two-current-or-former-board-member couples I know of for sure, along with a couple of ersatz ones, and a couple of 'em hard to classify. Not counting the brief appearance of Bubbler's wife.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think Quacks and I have come up with a total of 10 pairs who met on the board or who both post currently (but have been together longer).

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think I know only one that many people wouldn't know. I'm not so plugged in no more.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

the last few pages of this thread have been awesome.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ah, yes. The yearly journalism conference I attend. Despite not being in journalism anymore.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

We always knew you were smarter than the rest of us (us, in this case, being the board at large, not the outing folks, as I have never had the pleasure of administering an Andy Capp-like beating to Dre at an official outing :D).

Draft saved Draft deleted