1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Outing: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, May 11, 2024.

?

Where would you most likely attend an SJ outing?

1. DC/Baltimore

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Philly

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. NYC

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Chicago

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. KC

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Dallas

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. St. Louis

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. MIlwaukee

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I take off driving tomorrow morning. The car has a full tank, my clothes are almost done in the dryer, and I GOT A FUCKING HAIRCUT yesterday.

I doubt I drive straight through, and I'd like to have no more than five or six hours left on Friday. Looking forward to drinks, dinner and carousing with TBF on Friday night.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Be safe driving. It’s gonna be a wet one.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have fun, everyone. I've been on the road for the better part of a month now and can't wait to get home and do nothing for the next couple of days. Will try to make one of these some day...

4. swingline

The outing has ended, and a good time was had by all. Except for the heat and humidity, it was perfect. Sweated our asses off walking the mall, so the National Archives gave a great respite from the heat, and the beers a little later likely saved TBF and me. It was great to meet new folks and get reacquainted with Moddy.

I drove 14 hours Thursday and spent the night in Frederick. The drive to DC the next morning was horrible, with white-out rain pouring the whole way. I ain't driving 14 hours again as I make my way to the Northeast. If nothing else, I'm going to Acadia. I should have brought a tent; hotel rooms are spendy.

Thanks to all, especially TBF, who stepped up (doh! cliche alert) as host.

Plus, the Nationals won in extra innings!

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Great spending a few hours with y’all, even if I missed the best part (Nats game).

Don’t be strangers!

maumann likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It was great meeting everyone and hope we can do it again soon.

maumann likes this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I had a great time — Green Line excitement, and all. Ballgame was great, save my near-death hot chicken experience.

Maybe someone can get another one together soon.

maumann and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. swingline

I'm up for another one, but it's got to be closer to me, which means Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago or Milwaukee. That drive Thursday about broke me.

The kid I gave the ball to was really excited, and his dad was happy about it, too. If I ever catch a foul ball or a home run ball, I might keep it, but that one was just thrown into the stands by the outfielder. It will mean more to that kid than it ever would me.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Well I guess Zack Hample doesn't post here. :D

Glad everyone had a good time and sorry I had to miss it. Would have been great to see you all.

swingline and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted