1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Should be Foxx and Carrey. Still contend he should've been serious candidate (or nominated at the very least) for Man on the Moon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I figured. I cracked up when I remembered who that was.

3. nietsroob17

Can't say I'm looking forward to Wiig, but I like the thought of Gosling.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So many talented people have spent time at SNL, cast and crew. Surprised there wasn't a writing award, short film winner or something before RDJ. Heck, Michael McKean was nominated for Best Song.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Why aren't you looking forward to Wiig? I don't recall her previous stints being bad (I could be wrong).

6. nietsroob17

I've just never been a big fan of hers dating back to the cast days. I know she has her fans, and she was obviously on the show for a long time, but she never really struck me. Kinda one-note.

PaperClip529 and sgreenwell like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The problem is, anyone can block that show.

Political cold open; Wiig monologue with cameo from Maya Rudolph, possibly a Kate MacKinnon appearance; Filmed short; GILLY; Password knockoff sketch where she always repeats the secret word; Musical guest; Weekend Update; Weird sketch with another cameo, possibly Fred Armisen; Please Don't Destroy; Second musical guest; Fake commercial; Weird 12:50 sketch; BYE! IT WAS SO GREAT TO BE BACK!

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And Anthony Michael Hall never got a nomination for Johnny Be Good ... or Farmer Ted?

There's no justice in the world!

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

OUT OF BOUNDS, BITCHES!!!!!

garrow likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Johnny Be Good... also featuring Robert Downey Jr.! We're through the looking glass here people.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard Whoopi Goldberg refer to RDJ - Bobby? - Downey Jr.? as a journeyman actor. I mean he was only the centerpiece of the highest grossing franchise in motion picture history, previous nominee - but then again, he seems to really find his footing in secondary roles, co-leads or whatever where he can really create a character - Tropic Thunder comes to mind - and others - rather than carry the plot on his shoulders. I do think he is more of an "actor" than a "movie star."
    He surely wasn't an A-lister before Ironman. I think his last pre IM film was Zodiac alongside Jake Gyllenhaal. Good movie, but not really a star vehicle.

Draft saved Draft deleted