1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jost will also be hosting the Jeopardy! spin-off about pop culture.

garrow likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

5. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think she would be better away from SNL than she was on the show. She probably does a good stand-up set.

7. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I never knew what to make of her. Liked some bits but she seemed really underused.

9. DanOregon

Well, they need to get some money for Maya Rudolph. But yeah, she never had a "character" breakthrough - not that SNL does a lot of recurring bits anymore anyway. Guess Lisa from Temecula will need a new friend. There are a couple other cast members like her that really wouldn't be noticed if they left - Longfellow, and Kearny (whose best bit was the first thing she did in the first show and hasn't come close since).

10. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

11. DanOregon

I've always wondered if they knew for awhile. Seems kind of cruel to cut someone loose in July or August when they could have been lining up another show or a movie shooting in the fall.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Two of the cast's three LGBTQ+ cast members are out, and Bowen Yang seems to be disgruntled.

Wonder if I'm just looking too far into it, or if they'll try to maintain multiple cast members of different orientations.

Draft saved Draft deleted