1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Song(s) that is (are) currently in your head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 27, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, yeah, you probably took it worse than me, but you know my fondness for Billy. He's one of those under-the-radar guys who can make you look pretty smart for touting him as a darkhorse. So when he loses, I lose. Or something like that.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He got no help from a shitty outfield but still pitched like crap.
    Pitched his ass off last time against the Marlins. Deserved better.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ugh. I heard that song at applebees today. I don't get it's appeal.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Take Me Home by Genesis

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That's a Phil Collins song. I hated it when it was new and overplayed, but now I respect it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If I recall correctly, "Take Me Home" was the last single from "No Jacket Required" and had pretty good legs for a song released that late into an album's run...hit the top 15, I think, and the video was another in the line of Phil's original videos.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think you're right about the sequence. That summer, I spent a week in Washington, D.C., and the new Genesis album came out.

The first song (whatever it was) had me thinking: "Wow, Phil is rocking with his latest release!"

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Except for the corny as hell cartoon soundtracks that he has done WAY too many of, have always thought a great deal of Phil Collins.......still to this day, one song of his if I hear it on the radio, I cry......duet with him and David Crosby....."Hero"......great song.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think the main problem with the Phil catalog was it was way f-ing overplayed. People would even call in and request the stuff. That's like calling in and asking for air.

Now that his songs are not on the radio 400 times a day and on VHZero another 500 times a day, I like them a lot more.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Pictures of You, by the Cure. Had my iPod playing random songs while I folded laundry. That was one of the songs. Also, These Are The Days, by 10,000 Maniacs.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This morning I heard the ONLY song from Madonna I'll ever like ... "Live To Tell" . It's fantastic song. I think it was on a movie soundtrack from a Sean Penn movie "At Close Range".

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Invisible Touch?" He didn't go THAT soft on "No Jacket Required" to make "Invisible Touch" sound rocking. (Apologies if I missed the sarcasm font)

They went extremely poppy with Phil at the mic (or is it mike? We need a thread devoted to that :D) but "Tonight Tonight Tonight" is an excellent AOR song.

And "Billy Don't Lose My Number" remains one of my all-time favorite videos.

Draft saved Draft deleted