1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos - 5/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, May 13, 2007.

1. Supposedly their last location shooting was an ice cream parlor. That doesn't mean that's where the show ends. It just means it was the last place they shot. Again, supposedly.

2. the fop

the fop Member

Wouldn't it be possible the Feds would see Phil and the New York guys as the bigger prize, and give Tony a deal if he could help them take down Phil?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hey Newbie,not to be a prick or anything, but if you read about 2/3 up the page, you find I wrote that about 2 hours ago.

4. the fop

the fop Member

So noted. Luckily you didn't want to be a prick or anything.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Must have hit him in a rare good moment, fop. Lucky for you.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

A season or so ago, wasn't there an intervention for Chris? One where Tony basically said "Our interventions used to be done with guns to the back of the head. And that's how the next one will be done the next time you fuck up."

Or are my wires crossed?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Even the framing of the scene evoked some of the Godfather scenes where Vito/Michael Corleone is presented with ceremonial condolences from their subordinates.

I still think A.J. ends up in the life -- he doesn't have the physical strength/size/stomach to handle the enforcement muscle work himself, but he has name value to the other guys, since people naturally shudder when they hear the name "Tony Soprano Jr."

Plus, while now he may feel remorse about being part of burning the kid's toes off, while it was actually happening, he was captivated (they made a point to focus in on his face). He also didn't do anything to stop the beatdown of the Somali bike guy in the street. He'll keep getting pulled in by the other guys -- Tony Sr. has set his life on that course.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah but that beatdown really affected him. if he was heading down the wise guy path he'd have been in his shrink's office shrugging it off. instead he broke down about the cruelty of the life. i thought he was reluctantly heading in that direction (of the family) until the end of this episode when it seems clear he's not cut out for this.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

NO. EFFIN'. WAY.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It had to happen sooner or later. Glad it was sooner.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Welcome to my world around here.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm thinking aloud here, but I wonder if Tony had the same internal feelings about it back then as a kid that A.J. has now and maybe it did get to a point as an adult that he finally admitted that he had to go see Melfi.

For A.J. to be seeing a shrink as a young kid could be the detour for him that Tony didn't have when he was A.J.'s age.

Draft saved Draft deleted