1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos - 5/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, May 13, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Jemele, that is a very good analogy. My brother-in-law and me watched it last night and we looked at each other and said "DID YOU SEE THAT?!?! That was cold-blooded. Nice knowing you Chrissy."

I understand the two sides of it was/was not a mercy killing. I'm kind of in the middle of it. Chris had to go, Tony knew he had to do it, but when Tony was about to call 911, he was doing it to get Chris help. In a spilt second, Tony wised up and knew that no matter how much he tries to help Chris, bailing him out, and being jealous at him, the relationship deteriorated to a point where Tony had to do what was best for Chris (and for him). Whether he did it as a mercy killing or to polish off Chris, it can go both ways.

In effect, Tony was kind of an enabler anyway because Chris was family. Tony may have had enough of Chrissy's shortfalls and screwing up, but he also felt bad because he did everything he could to give Chris a chance to clean himself up and get his act together. As far as "the life," since the beginning of the series, Chris has always wanted to wean himself out of Jersey and be an actor or do movies (remember the "Scarface" line he uttered in Season One?)

It would be a surprise to me if Silvio flips, given that he has the lowest profile of the crew (he could be the best rat of them all because no one would expect him to do it). Tony had suspicions on Big Pussy, Adrianna told Chris, and nothing good happens when someone else in the family finds out if you were ratting to the Feds. Something tells me that Paulie will hitch his wagon to Phil and could suffer the consequences at the end.

Sil isn't going to be boss, maybe interim if anything happens to Tony. Paulie is too emotionally charged to run it. AJ, not a chance. I predict the final scene of the series will be back at the house, outside by the pool. Tony and Carm.

2. It's not ridiculous at all. The boss of the family knows everything about everything. It's pretty obvious that if he gives it up then the rest of the family has to die. If they take down the boss, there's a real chance that someone else takes over and business goes on as usual with a slight delay.

It might not happen, but it's clear that the FBI agents have made it known to Tony if he'd like to flip, he can. Their goal is to bring down organized crime and they'll do what it takes to get it done.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry, but that isn't how it works. You don't take down the crime syndicate by giving the guy that orders the hits a house in Arizona. It has always been about taking down the head. That means he goes to jail.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

This is from left-field and unlikely, Tone heading to Arizona could happen, if he finds a way to stick the abesetos crap on Phil and fuck him over royally.

5. And you've been a part of this how many times? It's a television show. I think from watching it, you can see that Harris has made it clear that if Tony wants to turn he can. One way or the other, the syndicate gets brought down.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

From the Feds point of view, taking down the Head of the Family in New York is bigger than taking down the head of the family from New Jersey. If, big and unrealistic IF, Tony goes witness protection, it'll be to fuck Phil and the New York crews.

BTW, for a fat, balding, unattractive, uncouth lout, Tony gets the best ass in the history of the moving pictures, Ron Jeremy exempted.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha...that girl in Vegas certainly is a little hottie.

Ok...here's my whacko theory that hit me right after seeing them show Tony so happy that Chris was gone. Not based on anything but how much more of an evil, mean bastard Tony has been of late.

Somehow, near the end of the final episode, Tony is on top of the world. Everyone left in his crew has either proven himself worthy or been dispatched as a liability just like Chris. Tony either smoothes things over with Phil or somehow wins a war, probably some ridiculous dumb luck like Vito's wife pulling a gun on Phil and taking him out. A.J. and Meadow both have their acts together and Tony is on good terms with Carmela.

Final scene is Tony going to see Melfi one last time. He explains to her how everything has come together. The threats hanging over his head seem to be gone and all of his liabilities have been taken care of ....save one.

Then he stands up...and shoots Melfi...final shot is us looking up at Tony from her perspective....and he fires again...fade to black.

I know...typical fanfiction crap....and far too neat and tidy for Chase's style....but it's something I could see the meaner, more cold-hearted Tony we are currently seeing do.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Tony was singing Comf Numb coming down the stairs in the previous episode.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

I love that Christopher put in the soundtrack of "The Departed" right before he departed himself ... creepy.

10. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

Creative theory...but I believe it's already been widely written that the final scene is in an ice cream parlor or something. Wasn't there a big fuss over some official not wanting them to film there?

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

none of us know how this wraps. but if you don't think the feds would let tony go into witness protection if he rolls on n.y. you're wrong. they'd be getting big hits on n.y. and n.j. that way. that's all they care about. tony closes shop and closes down n.y. at the same time, in theory.

why wouldn't the feds jump for joy?

oh, yeah, and no way silvio looks to take over. we've already seen how he can't handle that. wasn't that part of the whole deal last year?

12. somewriter

somewriter Member

That little Vegas hottie was on the L Word last year. I'm 100% ashamed to admit that I watched that show - it was completely unwatchable except for her lesbian sex scenes, which made up for quite a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted