1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I liked it. I liked how they built up the tension to the point where you think his whole family is going to get killed and then the show just ends.
    I'm thinking it is something along the lines of keeping the story going and we just suddenly cut out in the middle, because the Sopranos will just continue to be.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

"Phil got popped."

He got shot too.

3. loulou

loulou Member

Very unsatisfying!

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A sense of dread -- I've watched this show waiting for the other shoe to drop and this episode shows that Tony lives his life that way.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fitting ending.

The tension in the restaurant scene at the end was unbearable.

Bravo.

6. Tremendous.

Final scene made you understand how he lives every moment of his life. Every person who moved was a danger. Amazing.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

This is classic Jersey. When it comes right down to it, all you got is your family, a shitass old-school diner jukebox and a plate of onion rings.

Perfect.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Loved it.

That's their life...you just never know. Is it the guy at the counter? Someone in the corner? The car coming down the street? You never know. Never will.

Perfect. Down to the last words: Don't stop.

9. I actually liked it a lot, also. I know some will hate on it. But it's exactly what Chase has built it to be. It's all about trying to remember the good times and forge on even though we all know the Soprano family existence is and always will be a miserable one.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

No, seriously. When is the real ending?

11. I loved Paulie vs. the cat. Outstanding.

Cool ending. We came into Tony's life at an arbitrary time and we left it at an arbitrary time. That's how the world works.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Touche.

Hey, at least it leaves for the possibility of a movie now. With the obvious GF1 reference in the last scene, Chase can imitate GF2 and show both the beginning and end of Tony Soprano. Still, even though it was a dick move by Chase, it took some fucking balls to shoot that ending. Total mind-fuck. And I loved it.

Draft saved Draft deleted