1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It was great when Paulie pretended to sweep the floor after getting caught trying to swat the cat.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's both, I bet. The S-L today had two huge pieces on The Sopranos finale, including one with Adam responding to the projected finales sent in by fans. It also contained a teaser for an interview (can't remember if it's in the paper or on the site) later in the week with Chase.

I wish I could go back and nuke my original post following the ending. Upon further reflection, I LOVED this, for all the reasons everyone else has already posted. Even when life is finally going well for Tony, he can't stop to enjoy it for a second. He can't even get his family together all at once for dinner.

And using Don't Stop Believing...SUCK ON THAT OZ!!!! Chase didn't use a Timberlake song!!! :D :D :D

Some will win, some will lose, some are born to sing the blues...the movie never ends it just goes on and on and on and on...

Utterly perfect. That's Tony's life, right there, in 27 words.

Awesome.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Waffler. :p

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Blow me!!!!! :D

5. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Well said...even for a waffler ;)

6. I loved it already and now I really love it. The Don't Stop Believing part flew over my head. Now it makes even more sense.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I understand what you are saying.
    My roommate invited a bunch of people over who had never seen the show, so I holed up in my room to watch it alone. Perhaps it was antisocial, but shit, you invest 9 years in this show sometimes you need to be by yourself to watch something has great as this was.
    God, what a great episode.
    I wonder if it will be as good on the second viewing, since the tension won't be there.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perfection.

The overwhelming dread never goes away.

Tony and Junior. You used to run north Jersey. Oh, that's nice. And every fiber of Tony's being conveys that no, it really isn't.

Meadow's line to Tony -- If I hadn't seen you dragged away by the FBI so many times, I'd be a pediatrician right now. Something else for Tony to live with.

One thing I'm still sorting out is how the obsession with dead children has been personified or amalgamized by cars. The babies in the SUV popping Phil's head. AJ's car going up in flames. Meadow at the end, trying to find a way to fit in.

That episode was also the funniest in a long time, with several laugh out loud moments. The wide shot of the cat walking up on Paulie outside the pork store. Tony "unburdening" himself at AJ's therapist. Harris rooting openly for the Jersey guys. The guy vomiting after Phil's melon gets crushed.

More later, but simply: Perfection.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn! You mofos are making me feel a quarter as intelligent as Double Down...who, as it has been noted, nailed the finale earlier today.

10. I loved the ending. But I have to say, I'm utterly depressed the ending came.

This show has been a staple in my life for a long time. I was in high school when it started; I decided to take a chance on HBO's new drama about the Mafia. It took me all through college; the Sopranos was the one show people drove and walked and biked across campus to pile into our house to watch. Here I am now, years out of college, and it's over. Man...

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One other note -- How about Agent Harris being exposed?

He was Tony's Gary Cooper -- the strong silent type who does what he has to. He was emblematic of the ideal that Tony never could live up to. Probably had a wonderful relationship with his mother.

And then, in the last episode, we see that his wife can't stand him and he gives Phil up to Tony. And he wasn't being eaten away by some parasite he contracted in service to his country -- that's all bullshit. He's being eaten away by guilt because he's fucking around on his wife. He's just another asshole.

12. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Interesting. Pretty inconsequential in relation to the rest of the episode, but interesting nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted