1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Barque of Dante

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A movie -- or a sequel series -- is certainly possible given the ending. I don't think they will, but they certainly could.

Tony, Carmela, Meadow and AJ are all still alive. Paulie Walnuts, the nearest thing to an indispensable minor character in the series, is still alive. Sil is hanging on, he looks bad, but no reason to think in movie-land he couldn't be up and about in a couple of weeks.

The court case against Tony is apparently about to get under way.

NY is being run by a schmuck, Butchie, nobody knows whether to trust or whether he's competent to do the job.

Uncle Jun is still alive, apparently almost completely zoned out, but ancient seniors in that situation come and go into lucidity.

Janice is still alive, now with her plan to meld Bobby's kids, Nica, the Spadafore kids, and her former boyfriend Harpo/Hal all together into a warm loving nuclear family unit, made me hoot about as loudly as anything I've seen on "The Sopranos" in the last couple of years.

Maybe Chase wants to launch a sitcom spinoff, "Janice's Family," a mishmash of "Roseanne," "Married... With Children," "My Three Sons" and "The Godfather" ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

There are any number of ways a sequel movie could go. It goes on, and on, and on, and on....

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Not too bad an ending. But to hear some people talk, David Chase better avoid restaurants that serve cannoli. (Dates himself with Godfather reference.) :)

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I kind of agree. The psychobabble stuff from some of the posts here makes the ending of the episode fine by me, when I didn't like it immediately as the show was ending -- at least in part because I was pissed off, reaching for the DVR remote to figure out why the recording crapped out when the screen went black. I'm still in the group who would have liked a little more resolution, but I can accept the way it ended without hating it. Maybe that's about as good as I could have expected.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Try the veal. It's the best in the city. :D :D

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

We haven't seen a dead baby yet on this show.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Dude... Chase could walk to your house and shit on your face, literally, and you would think it is brilliant.

You are so stilted, your calling critical reviews moronic is laughable.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What was the deal wth the reactions shots of the four black kids and the guy with the moustache after Phil was shot? That seemed very strange.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Watched it again.

Pile of shit ending.

Tony could not give less of a shit about his surroundings during the sequence. He was happy as a clam, or onion ring.

We were the only ones squirming, because Chase, of 16-month hiatuses and extended Vito-in-NH storylines, was playing us one last time.

Great, great run, though. For the show to be that good despite his pervasive arrogance... really incredible.

My favorite "little moment" that this show is by far the best ever with:

Tony singing the Rocky theme.

Tony to Harris: "He's making a molehill out of it."

AJ butchering DEFCON terminology ("We're all in DEFCON 4").

"Miffled"

Any criticism aside, Gandolfini finished off the greatest tour de force by an actor that we will probably ever see.

It's OK if he is never anything else of consequence.

Finally, Paulie was given a star sendoff. Great lines and grimaces galore from the best face of my TV-watching lifetime.

I thought it very interesting that Paulie said Ralph Cifaretto was "MIA".

The truth never seeped out to the inner sanctum.

10. Great use of music -- "It's Alright Ma" during AJ's little auto tryst, and "All You Can Dream" by Little Feat when TS walks into the diner.

11. Simon_Cowbell

From the Herald
    http://www.miamiherald.com/924/gallery/135544.html

From the Sun-Sentinel site (nicely racked, Lorraine):
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-sopranos_finale,0,3623466.photogallery?coll=sfla-home-headlines

[​IMG]

video:

http://video.sun-sentinel.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1502248&h1=On%20the%20Red%20Carpet%20with%20the%20Sopranos%20crew&vt1=v&at1=V&d1=115600&LaunchPageAdTag=entertainment&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-11sopranosjun11%2C0%2C2639115.story%3Fcoll%3Dsfla-home-headlines&rnd=27749732

Nice turnout by the cast, just for a 15G swag bag.

It freaks me out that Don't Stop Believin ended the show. That was the first song I fell in love with in my high school years, and I think that Steve Perry and Neil Schon are criminally underrated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. T2

T2 Member

Was anyone else wondering why in this episode the seasons seemed to be changing with every scene? Sometimes it was summer at the beach, sometimes we were in the middle of a snowstorm, sometimes there were piles of autumn leaves on the ground. With every abrupt change, I thought momentarily that we might have gone to a flashback. Or did the episode play out over a couple of years (not likely)?

Draft saved Draft deleted