1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Already forgotten who (Parisi?), but one of them used the word "inveigled" last night.

Don't know why, but I laughed out loud.

They could have crushed Phil Leotardo's head in that scene. But I suspect, most, including me, wouldn't have seen it because they were looking away, about to hurl.

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

More "on and on and on and on ..."

When AJ picks up Stems at in his BMW and speeds off from the school I couldn't help but think that was Tony and Carm 25 years earlier. He was starting "the life" and she was all dolled up.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Watched it a third time.

Gandolfini's physical presence is something we will not likely see on TV again in our lifetimes.

The big, bulbous nose, the V cut in the front of his scalp line, his barrel chest, his labored breathing, his incredible use of his eyes. Every move so damned natural.

The faces on this show all told so much without even speaking. Christopher Walken's wife did a hellacious job.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Loved the way that scene cut from mid-song in the car to the precise point in the same song while watching the video at the mansion.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I just loved how superior Carm felt when she saw Hunter in Meadow's room and HAD TO throw it in her face that she "dropped out/expelled" from Columbia, only to be totally deflated when Hunter tells her she's a 2nd year at Med School.

Carm proves to be the most shallow person in the show.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BTW: THe Journey song is exactly the type of tunes Tony would listen to, growing up in Jersey, graduating HS in the late 70's. It was his song. Tony was in his world. We're paranoid, he's comfortable.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Precisely.

8. Simon_Cowbell

I can imaging the lines coming out of Holsten's to sit in the Soprano booth.

9. loulou

loulou Member

Anyone who has AOL can read some very interesting stuff about David Chase and last nights show.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Never watched a single Sopranos episode. Probably because I never had HBO, but ...

11. Simon_Cowbell

I'm waiting for you to put forth that every time the Holsten's bell on the door rung, It was Chase telling us that a deceased Sopranos character had gotten his/her wings.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm liking this less as time passes, while everyone else seems to be enjoying it more.

If the whole idea is that "life goes on" and that "Tony can never be safe/secure" and that "This is what Tony's life is like", isn't that a cop-out? Hasn't Chase spent the last 85 hours showing us that? Don't we already know that? Wasn't that the ENTIRE POINT of the series?

If it's true that all great stories have a beginning, middle and end, what's the end here? He even spent parts of the last episode in series history introducing new storylines.

This would have been a SPECTACULAR season finale. As for a SERIES finale, I'm still not sold.

Draft saved Draft deleted