1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. loulou

loulou Member

Just checked it with the other 3 people watching with me. We all agree but I will get the tape and check it out again. The person that posted said HD-HBO was different than HBO. Will follow this up.

2. Jesus Christ on a cracker, can we stop with trying to identify characters in the final scene?

The two black guys, for example... no way they're the same ones who tried to kill Tony in Season 1. One of them got shot by his partner, and the other got dragged alongside the SUV when Tony grabbed him through a window.

If we're saying they're reminiscent of past characters and incidents, great. But it sounds like Cowherd and Deadspin are saying they're the SAME black guys.

No way.

And AL, remember, Harris said before he was "not a fan" of Phil.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Well, I'll echo what others are saying:

HD feed never showed Meadow inside. Went from Tony's face to black screen.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I took it that it was an office pool or wager.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unless HBO's technology is really advanced compared to other networks, it couldn't send one ending via HD to just NJ. As somebody else posted, HBO East and HBO West could have different endings.

6. Rambler

Rambler Member

It may not have been and HD/HBO thing--but more a location thing. I mean, it's five seconds but it's the final five seconds of possibly the greatest show ever.

7. loulou

loulou Member

Arizona HD saw what I did.

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Tony is dead.

I don't understand how anyone could come to any other conclusion. The abruptness of the music ending mid-note. The hard cut to black rather than a fade. The mysterious man going to the bathroom (and Chase showing him walking into the shot of the family as well as the perfect angle for a killshot). The conversation Tony and Bobby had earlier this year, "you never hear it coming", and "it just goes black."

He's dead.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I forgot about Agent Harris saying that.....good point.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

well I hope it was one of them "magic bullets" and it took out Carm and AJ too.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it possible you're just remembering it incorrectly? Kind of how people insist Bogart said "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca.

After all, why would Chase have Meadow enter the restaurant on the HD version but not enter it on the regular one?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

But Bobby saw and heard it coming. Sil saw and heard it coming. Even Phil had the gun to the temple, so he had a second or two of "oh shit" realization.

That line might be just another red herring by Chase.

Draft saved Draft deleted