1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If there's a different ending, it will show up on YouTube or some other Web site soon enough. Until it does, I'm going to doubt it exists but will remain open to the possibility.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

is this the only board where this "alternate ending" theory is being discussed?

3. Johnny Dangerously

And no onion rings!

(unless they're served off the menu, or only to gangsters)

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And Meadow's new name is Kayser Soze. She walked into the diner carrying Gweneth Paltrow's head in a box. Also, she sees dead people, because she's really dead.

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

No. I saw it on another board. And, actually, one of those YouTube links had people talking about it.

Here's how weak I am, I can't remember what I saw at the end (I'm in the Midwest). I just threw it out there because I saw it mentioned. I'm not sure it's an alternate ending so much as maybe five seconds were cut short in some areas of the country and not in others.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Lots of interesting takes in the comments on Sepinwall's blog:

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/sopranos_rewind_made_in_americ.html#comments

The "Tony got whacked" theorists keep suggesting the abrupt cut was Chase giving us Tony's point of view -- you never hear it coming -- but Tony's point of view wouldn't be showing Tony's face. Tony's point of view would be showing what Tony is looking at (as someone else said earlier).

7. Johnny Dangerously

How is that possible? It's the same show, complete with ending credits. How could HBO or cable systems "cut short" the ending? Chase would have sent them a complete work, not something they are required to cut on their own at just the right moment, right?

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

it's a diner-style jukebox. Like they had at the Lido, and the Scotchwood and the Golden Dream.

9. Rambler

Rambler Member

It certainly seems odd to me, yes. But it seems some people saw Meadow in the restaurant and others didn't.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

HD in CT had the same ending as the YouTube clip; no Meadow in Holstens.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You would tear tendons in your fingers typing the words.

I've got you beat like Cumberland in the humility meter.

12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

I cannot take credit for it but, it is fitting that Tony Soprano ended up in a diner while Seinfeld wound up in jail.

Draft saved Draft deleted