1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What are you saying - that all Italians think they are going to be shot?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

As for the guy at the counter who got off the stool and went toward the men's room, couldn't he have just gone straight to Tony and shot him? It's not like everyone was patted down or frisked entering Holsten's, and he had to go to the men's room to get the gun. This was not the same situation as with Michael Corleone in "The Godfather." We all certainly made the association, but the guy could have walked right beside Tony, turned and fired.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I noticed that when watching. It seemed jarring -- like time had changed.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wondered for a second if Tony was seeing himself (or Kevin Finnerty was seeing Tony, or Tony was seeing Kevin Finnerty) sitting at the diner. It happened so quickly, I thought maybe I'd imagined it. I'll have to see it again.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

When you do, Double Down, tell me if you think that's the same shirt that was on underneath the jacket when he first walked in.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In other words . . . you're all winners.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It is interesting. I just rewatched the ending a couple of times and when Tony first walks into the diner he stares at the back wall for a bit and then the screen changes and suddenly he is sitting in the booth staring back at us.

The only reason I don't think there was any time switch or anything is because Tony and Carmela immediatly start talking about Carlo flipping, which seems to continue the storyline from earlier in the episode.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

that's it - just don't stop believing in what you thought the ending was.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Johhny D, I will watch it again. In the meantime, I saw this on Bill Simmons chat today:

Greg (L.A.): No one has mentioned that Tony came into the diner wearing a black leather jacket with a button-down shirt on. He pictures himself in the diner. If you notice Tony in the booth in the diner is wearing a different shirt. So I think it's him picturing himself with his family and what it will be like for the rest of his life. Thoughts on this?

Bill Simmons: I did notice that the shirts seemed different... wasn't sure if it was just me though.

10. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I noticed it. I thought it was Tony walking in and seeing Finnerty, and I was about to be pissed.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, we just want to everyone who walks in and out of restaurants. ;)

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does he have a different shirt on the entire time they are in the diner?

Draft saved Draft deleted