1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Double Down, the shirt could be different -- or not. In a way it's hard to tell. You'll see what I mean if you back it up enough. Clearly, the jacket's off, and it was hiding enough of the shirt before that it could be hard to tell. Maybe Chase just didn't want to waste 30 seconds showing Tony hanging up his jacket and being seated.

But it is interesting that others had the same questions I did.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bill Simmons watches Sopranos?

But it has nothing to do with J-Bug and Boston.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Boy, if Chase was worried about "wasting" 30 seconds, it was tough to tell from the final five minutes.

With that said, I really like the theory you posted a while back from Sepinwall's blog commenter. That's a really interesting take.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Deadspin updated their post about the guy at the counter being "Phil's nephew."

Not true. Just some random actor who isn't even an actor. He owns a pizza parlor.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06092007-1360360.html

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

There is a difference between the fade and the cut, as I mentioned before on this thread. The fade conveys an image of sweetness, of peace, of a family moving forward and enjoying its connection even if it's even more dysfunctional than most.
    The cut prevents that interpretation. It does feel abrupt, but so did much about this series and its sudden bursts of violence. There was an artistic statement in the cold end.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Finally got home and watched.

The ending seems perfect.

A little too much T.J. in there for my taste, but what the heck.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

granted, the abrupt cut was like that to end "united 93." but i don't believe the intent was to intimate a deadly shooting.

again, too much potential money left on the table for a potential movie. but i suppose that's left open regardless of your interpretation. a beautiful play by chase.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Any is too much for me.. little prick should have been left in military school..

9. Big Game

Big Game Member

Tony was not wearing a different shirt. The middle of Tony's shirt was a light color, while the sides/sleeves were black. While wearing the jacket, all you could see was the light colored part of the shirt. He just simply removed the jacket, allowing a full view of the shirt. Some people are trying to look TOO DEEP into the final five minutes, now.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

It took you 23 pages to figure THAT out? :D :D

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I thought, Big Game, but while we were over-thinking, and someone else was over-thinking, I figured I'd throw it out there.

Edit: Nicely done, BYH! Ha ha!

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

On the second viewing...

I think Harris was rooting for Tony's crew. I really do.

Draft saved Draft deleted