1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I can only guess that you now believe that John From Cincinnati elevated the Russian a la Bruce Greenwood.

There was not a single track in the snow at the end of the blood trail.

I give not an eighth of a shit whether that crazy bastard came back (though, with his background, he would have). That's not what I have a problem with.

I have a real problem with the calves on this board suckling on Chase's teat regarding this immaculate disappearance in the middle of a snowdrift. It was the cheapest of tricks. And you didn't challenge it.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not necessarily responding to just you, but here's my biggest problem with these Sopranos threads: there's too much justifying everything Chase does and celebrating its brilliance. I like to think I "get" some of that stuff, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with watching the show and just hoping to be entertained. That doesn't mean I was upset if there wasn't blood splattered on the streets, it just means that I didn't always judge the show in such a deep manner.

However in character it may have been for Tony to pick that song, that's still the song that ended this show. I know people will say that's Chase being true to what the show is and all that, but as a viewer I can be selfish and say that I wish another song was played. This was the end of the series and I wanted something powerful. Chase could have done whatever he wanted; he chose that. I think the song in the episode when Aid is about to get killed was absolutely tremendous. It captures the feelings in that scene and just is the perfect backdrop. I just didn't feel that way last night... all just my opinion.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Love that song... but that is definitely the unwinnable fight.... finding the song everyone loves.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Why would you reference a show that's not even on your network?

5. Simon_Cowbell

"Fuck you, David Chase," after being down pretty big, has nudged into a tie for the lead.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I didn't challenge it because I don't care. It's not an episode of CSI.

And Dedo, I understand your point about people thinking that everything is "brilliant", but I don't think it's true. The Vito stuff was stupid and bloated. Kaisha was a bad episode. Poorly written, directed and edited. Christopher, the episode about Columbus Day, also wasn't very good. He's stumbled at times, but most of it has been very, very good. And that's why the show has received the praise it does.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Pine Barrens" repeats on A&E at the top of the hour.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Now ... we don't care about significant details?

Something is bliss, I guess.

9. Simon_Cowbell

immediately following an episode of.... CSI.

LOL

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You mean, the Russian is coming back?

11. Dedo

Dedo Member

I think you're referring to Boobie there, not me.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yes, and very soon.

But not for long ...

Draft saved Draft deleted