1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Right.

But is that a revelation to anyone?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Whole series was his life flashing before his eyes as he walks down the green line to the electric chair, he gets the juice right in the middle of his night out with the family.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Simon - just curious why do you think moment brought you to tears second time around?

4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

According to an article in the NY Post

Matt Servitto, who played FBI Special Agent Harris, said Chase briefly kept the camera rolling after what amounted to Tony's final moment on screen - and that the extra footage appeared to clearly spell the end for the supreme Soprano.

"[Tony's daughter] Meadow got into the diner, sat down . . . The menacing 'Members Only' jacket-wearing man at the counter was a little bit more in play, and I think she's sitting there with the family kind of all together . . . and all of a sudden, the menacing man gets up, starts walking toward their booth. End of show," Servitto said.

"The scene cut as the [menacing] guy was advancing toward [Tony], as if he was about to shoot Tony. It was, I think, less ambiguous that Tony was going to get shot."

The article also quotes someone as saying there was a version of the final script that included Paulie Walnuts getting whacked.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Actually it was the third time.

I guess I thought of Tony as a 21-year-old at that same booth at Holsten's with that same song playing as this beautiful Italian princess swung open the door and, figuratively and literally, rung his bell.

I thought of the relationship I have with my wife and that, also 26 years later, despite her having sacrificed so much for me and others, she - like Carm - will still come through that door for me, too.

Also, I'm a spicket-ducted, tearful bastard to begin with.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Odd that non-participating cast members would be on set for these scenes, especially on location.

7. Simon_Cowbell

The hit doesn't make sense to me.

Tony was following no pattern in going to Holsten's.

And he had previously been all alone going from and to and from his car at Junior's ward and Holsten's. A much easier get.

Doesn't fit, to me.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

After reading all of this, and watching the ending 15 times, this is what should have happened after the cut to black:

Chase and his wife in bed in their jammies, watching the final episode....after the end, she turns to him and says, 'That's it? What the hell is that?'
    He answers: "The fuck do I know.' Laughs, turns over, and goes to bed.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Could have fooled me.

But at least we agree that this better lead to a real Journey reunion. They'll never be hotter than they are now. Get off your fucking ass, Perry, and do it.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, we said that two years ago, when Southsiders made it among the most downloaded songs on iTunes during the White Sox run to the World Series. Journey and this song have received a similar spike before.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You are not allowed to contribute to this discussion. :D :D

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Too late, I'm bringing SexyBack!

Draft saved Draft deleted