1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think this is a different animal than the 2005 WS.

That said, if Chase had this song plotted out from the beginning, he must have been incensed when some of the thunder was stolen by those Reinsdorf creeps and their thug fans.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That sounds more like an ending to Curb Your Enthusiasm.

3. Not meant to be a revelation. But mustard said in a post earlier that he's "not buying the Tony lives his life in fear stuff."

Well, the fact is that he does live his whole life with a sense of dread, but it varies on just how dreadful that feeling is.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

fixed

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sopranos was the second-most watched show of the week with 11.9 million viewers. Only America's Got Talent got more.

The NBA Finals Game 2 got 8.6M while the Tony Awards got 6.2M against The Sporanos.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

and, again, that's free TV against premium cable

7. dmc

dmc Guest

But if I remember correctly, the man in the jacket had already walked past Tony before Meadow gets near the door. also he wasnt only approaching Tony, he did actually pass him and take a left towards the bathroom.

Funny the things that people see. The name of Nicky in the credits as the person in the diner, also I have heard a few state that they saw, on the first run of the show, meadow actually entering the diner. Then when they rewatched it on "on demand" she never makes it into the diner.

Shows how little "eyewitness" evidence is really worth.

8. I think what Mustard is saying that it's all relative. Even a beaten, malnourished dog has his "happy" moments. So no, maybe he will never be truly happy but it does appear as though he was enjoying the relative peace in between the passing storm and the one approaching.

9. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Wow. I actually agree with Simon for the first time on this thread. The scene when Carm walks in as the piano starts made the hair on the back of my neck stand up the first time I watched it, as well as subsequent times. Last night I got home and caught the final 20 minutes on HBO-W. Watching it for about the fifth or sixth time (not the entire episode, just the final scene), I realized I was tearing up. It was a very powerful moment, and as I said in my initial critique Sunday night at about 9:20 CT, it was a very heart-warming moment.

As for the ratings, I was surprised to see the number wasn't even as good as three previous season finales. Very surprising. I thought this would be one of the highest rated cable programs in history, and would be the highest if not for being on a premium cable network.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I did not feel the emotion the first viewing because I was so focused on what would happen to Tony.

2nd time around when Carmela walked in and music started I to felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Chase created a very powerful moment that I've yet to figure why it was so emotional.

Does the music bring us all back to a simpler time in our lives? Do we all feel a little bit older as we reflect on the last 7 years of watching the Sopranos?

Whatever it was the ending was very powerful - more so the 2nd time around.

11. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I think it was just for tension's sake, and it worked!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Other than supplying some tension, you can't read anything more into it.

It was Meadow trying to park the car.

Worst thing that can happen to this thread is that it will degenerate into a "Lost" message board.

It's about the text and nothing but the text.

Draft saved Draft deleted