1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think Meadow was trying to fit into something.

The obvious allusion probably being the big F Family.

2. Her inability to park the car signified the family's inability to fit in with normal life. The scrape symbolized the persistent threat of violence. The wait personified the clock ticking on Tony's life. The entire scene represented the constant battle of faith versus existentialism, black versus white, American-consumerism versus old Italian ways, dogs versus cats, chicken versus the egg and peanut butter versus chocolate. Oh, and Red Sox versus Yankees.

It made me shed a tear. :'(

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i took it as a statement that suburban kids have no idea how to parallel park. 8) 8) 8)

makes me shed a tear. :'( :'( :'(

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It was a simple message that women in jerzee don't know how to drive.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I read someplace that there were three endings initially shot.

I though it was an oversight on the part of the N.J. guy not to ask about that.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So that's David Chase's ultimate message: Damn women drivers.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

David Chase's final message was "The Sopranos on HBO is apparently brought to you by BMW."

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"The Sopranos"
    Episode 1

Tony, before telling Dr. Melfi the full details of his career: "It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that. I know. But lately I'm getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over."

Gandolfini looks so different, and he hasn't found Tony's voice yet. A.J. is just a fat little boy.

"So, what, no fuckin' ziti?"

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

If Meadow's career as a lawyer doesn't work out, she could always be a driver's ed instructor.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"The Sopranos"
    Episode 1

Tony is crying in Dr. Melfi's office.

Dr. Melfi: "When the ducks gave birth to those babies, it became a family."

Tony: "You're right. That's the link. A connection. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my family, like I lost the ducks. That's what I'm full of dread about. It's always with me."

Dr. Melfi: "What are you so afraid's going to happen?"

Tony: "I don't know."

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good thing it wasn't Lexus, because then the damn thing could have parallel-parked itself and deprived everyone of the episode's heart-thumping moment . . . watching Meadow trying to park.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

The first episode was brought to you by Lexus.

Tony runs over the "degenerate fucking gambler" on the HMO corporate campus with Christopher's new ride. Does $8,000 in damage to the parking light.

Draft saved Draft deleted