1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I swear I heard Separate Ways playing in the hotel room.

2. loulou

loulou Member

Interesting Update from a New Jersey/New York newspaper: Yesterday the cast of the Sopranos was on a cruise to raise $$$ for St. Judes children's fund. Whole cast there.
    It was on Steve Forbes yacht. JG said he has no idea if he is dead or alive. EF said she was sitting at the table and has no idea what happened after the screen went black.
    Jamie said she does not understand why her scrpit had her try to park so many times but she always follows what she is supposed to do and just did it. The entire cast liked the way David Chase ended it...whatever you think happened! Stevie Van Zandt really liked how his character was left. Aida Turturro brought up very strongly the conversation between Bobby and Tony in the season opener. About when you are shot dead you hear nothing and everything goes to black. She also raved about the ending.
    Tony Sirico denied the rumor that Chase filmed 3 different endings. He filmed only one and knew what he wanted long ago. It was also said by some of the cast members that they felt a conventional ending would have been a fraud. Steve Forbes admitted that he thought cable had gone out and was pissed, then realized and liked the ending.
    And there you have it...Jordan fades back nails the 3 pointer and it's over.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This garbage circulating right now bothers me.

There is no way Chase would have been so sloppy as to have the screen go black from the viewers' perspective,and not Tony's, and had that represent a hit on Tony.

All the greatness of the series was achieved by accident if that's what he did.

-------------------

From an AOL pile of dung:

The biggest hint, according to a consensus taking shape on the Web, is a scene from an earlier episode in which Tony and his brother-in-law, Bobby Bacala, muse about what it feels like to die.

"At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black," Bobby says while they sit fishing in a small boat on a lake.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

For one thing, that quote isn't what Bobby said on the boat. That quote is what someone pushing that theory might change Bobby's quote to be to help support the theory, but that's not how he said it.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Probably because he wore that winter coat to bed.

6. loulou

loulou Member

The direct quote is:At the end you don't see anything, everything probably is black.

7. Johnny Dangerously

No, that's not the direct quote. I just popped in the DVD of that episode. Bobby's quote, when he and Tony were on the boat: "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

Tony: "Ask your friend in there, on the wall."

The people who are adding the "everything just goes black" to Bobby's words are projecting that into the conversation retroactively, knowing how the series ended, and wanting to force-fit something into their theory.

I'm certainly not saying it's irrefutable that Tony didn't get whacked at the cut to black, but that AOL post is a lame attempt to make a convincing case.

8. loulou

loulou Member

Pick up the newspaper is all in there. Do we have to be so perfect in just passing something on?

9. loulou

loulou Member

Was not me!

10. Johnny Dangerously

If passing something along as "the direct quote," yes.

If basing a theory on what someone said, yes, the exact quote matters.

11. loulou

loulou Member

The someone was the cast of the show.

12. Johnny Dangerously

No one on the show, in any episode, said the quote you posted, nor the quote from AOL as posted here by Simon. That's all I'm saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted